MyTestarossa - Build Teaser by TXOPIE
Started on: 03-12-2014 10:53 PM
Replies: 29 (1718 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 02-03-2015 03:22 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just a teaser...I fill in pictures as this moves along.

MyTestarossa - 1987 Pontiac GT Fiero - Modified

Paint: Tangerine Orange Pearl Metallic
Engine: 3800-SC
Transmission: 5 Speed

Interior Upgrades:
• Rob Amida's F355 Dash
• Rob Amida's F355 door panels

Black/tan interior

• Black plush carpet
http://www.stockinteriors.com/

• VDO Gauges Full Set Speedometer, RPM, Water,Oil, Fuel

• LED colored replacement bulbs for dash center console indicator lights

• Red LED Instrument panel replacement bulbs

• Infiniti G37 rearview mirror (integrated digital compass, auto-dim, home-link)

• All new GM update replacement switches (headlight, dimmer, trunk, power mirror)
o NOS GM Delco 1985-1995 Chevrolet Astro S10 Pick-Up Truck Blazer Dimmer Switch

o Head-light switch

• Dual heated seats

• 7" Android Touch screen Infotainment system

• New MOMO steering wheel

• Shorten shifter
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...3489a6e75db3cd1c2536

• Mr Mikes Leather Seats
http://www.mrmikes.com/fierosports.htm

• New fiberglass headliner from V8 Archie's
http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

• Custom black suede headliner

• Modified Corvette visors recovered in black

• TXGOOD Center console door replacement

Exterior Upgrades:
• Sanded all rust off entire body and painted with black Rust-o-lum
• EVM_Rob's Testarossa body kit

• Rear license plate backup camera (TaoTronics TT-CC17 Waterproof US Car License Plate Frame Mount Rear View Backup Camera with 8 IR LED Night Vision (Black))

• New windshield

• New rear glass

• New side windows

• New Dew wipes

• Ford door striker upgrade

Mechanical Upgrades:
• Body lengthen 7.5" and raised 1.5" in the rear
• 3800-SC (L67) Series II Engine

• New DYNA-BATT Battery

• Reprogrammed PCM

• NRG E-PAC 3 Battery Voltage Stabilizer

• Rebuilt 5 Speed transmission
• Custom flywheel for L67 / 5 Speed
• Custom L67 cradle mounts
• custom headers & 3" piping

• New TRW Tie Rod Ends (TRW ES2255R Pontiac Fiero Tie Rod End)

• Two new TRW front upper (TRW 10326 SUSPENSION BALL JOINT Upper Front)

• Two front lower ball joints (TRW 10324 Suspension Ball Joint Lower Front)

• Rear Bump-Steer Kit from now "AMS"

• Held Motorsports - Rear coil-over strut kit with KYB struts for '84 - '87

• New upgrade front shocks

• New poly bushings (Prothane 7-2034 Total Kit Pontiac Fiero 84-87)

• Brand new set of Raybestos front modified hubs (in prep for 12" Vette re-drilled rotors)
Raybestos 5009R Disc Brake Rotor and Hub Assembly

Machined down to this with new bolts by FieroGuru
• 12" corvette drilled/slotted/zinc coated rotors drilled with the 5x100 bolt pattern & concentric rings from FieroGuru

• New 88 Caliper upgrades
http://calipersonline.com/pontiacfiero.aspx

• Battery front relocation box
http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

• West Coast's - Full-time power steering kit
http://www.westcoastfiero.c.../power_steering.html
Instructions for installing Power Steering

• Stainless steel braided brake lines

• Bigger brake booster

• New Master Cylinder

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LeeR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EVM Rob now has a testarossa kit ? Was this the one that Archie had ?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Yes, he purchased the molds.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that I know the 355 interior shots quite well (especially with the floor mat in place). Since you are using VDO instrumentation and a 3800 SC engine there are a few quirks that you might need to know about prior to installing the engine and/or instrumentation. I detailed them along with potential solutions in my F355 interior install thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083377.html

Get in touch with me if you need more info and I will see if I can help out.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-13-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I think that I know the 355 interior shots quite well (especially with the floor mat in place). Since you are using VDO instrumentation and a 3800 SC engine there are a few quirks that you might need to know about prior to installing the engine and/or instrumentation. I detailed them along with potential solutions in my F355 interior install thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083377.html

Get in touch with me if you need more info and I will see if I can help out.

Nelson

SWEET! Thanks Nelson....will let you know when it goes down to that part
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Where's my popcorn?
That's an ambitious list Do you have a timeline? I know those rarely get stuck to (I've broken my own timeline too many times to count), but just curious. Always like seeing new builds
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Nice! Where's my popcorn?
That's an ambitious list Do you have a timeline? I know those rarely get stuck to (I've broken my own timeline too many times to count), but just curious. Always like seeing new builds

kwagner,

The general time line rolls like this...have to understand that there are 4 Fieros in play here:

Barbie (My Wife's 88GT) is at the shop and gets finish in the next few days.
Once she is finished...My 86GT (BluDrm) & My 88GT (MERA GTX) is being picked up and brought to my local shop when they drop off Barbie...again in the next few days.

The only reason My 88GT (MERA GTX) is going is to have the remainder of her body panels removed to be used with BluDrm...it should only be at the local shop for a few days and then My 88GT (MERA GTX) will be delivered to Knoxville,TN (EVM_Rob) to have the MERA body install and prepped for paint.

He will have her for about 3 weeks...then my guy will go back to Knoxville to pick her up and bring her back to the local shop for interior upgrades, 3800-SC, mechanical upgrades and paint. My 88GT (MERA GTX) will be completed and ready to come home to the FieroCave about 6 weeks after she returns home from Knoxville.

When My 88GT (MERA GTX) is being picked up from Knoxville, My 87GT (My Testarossa) will be dropped off. Now this one will take more like 6-8 weeks before it will be ready for pickup. Once she is ready...my guy will go back to Knoxville and pick her up and bring her back to my local shop for interior upgrades, 3800-SC, mechanical upgrades and paint. My 88GT (MERA GTX) will be completed and ready to come home to the FieroCave about another 6 weeks after she returns home from Knoxville.

I will be gathering parts in the mean time...actually I am already! Have everything for all vehicles excluding what I am gathering for My Testarossa.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's actually a pretty aggressive timeline considering some builds have lasted years here. Looking forward to seeing progress
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Snagged my VDO Gauges for my F355 dash:

Knock one more piece off the list.

Thanks John...wish I would have know before you put them on E-Bay!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-13-2014).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

SWEET! Thanks Nelson....will let you know when it goes down to that part

The information is in the short build thread but you need to make the mods prior to installing the engine if you want to do it the easy way. I did not and would recommend the easy approach to anyone else.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You dont see many TRs built these days. Looks like you got all the right stuff...they do make a cool car. A friend has a real one in red. I do have a question...you said you sanded all the rust off the body.... Is this a metal body kit, or did you happen to find a real body somewhere ?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant the under body/frame with all of the car's panels removed. Not the kit itself...They are going to be fresh panels and metal.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Found the rims I am going to use on MyTestarossa:

Available 14" - 22"
Widths from 5"-16"

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-14-2014).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Nice...

Txopie...Good luck with the build.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 03-14-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had those wheels on my 308 kit. I had mine done natural with machined lips. They were the Fiero bolt pattern, and I got the centers (real Ferrari) from International Parts who sell Ferrari and Lancia parts.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I had those wheels on my 308 kit. I had mine done natural with machined lips. They were the Fiero bolt pattern, and I got the centers (real Ferrari) from International Parts who sell Ferrari and Lancia parts.

Roger,

These are the rims I chose for my MERA/308 build:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally never get any wheels with the rivets, real or fake. I drive everything I own in all weather all year long. Those hold salt and always are corroded around the heads. Theyre great on a fair weather or summer only car though. I prefer silver painted wheels for all weather use, but a machined lip is ok if you keep them clean. The ZR1 style wheels on my Sebring are painted completely for low maintenance.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I personally never get any wheels with the rivets, real or fake. I drive everything I own in all weather all year long. Those hold salt and always are corroded around the heads. Theyre great on a fair weather or summer only car though. I prefer silver painted wheels for all weather use, but a machined lip is ok if you keep them clean. The ZR1 style wheels on my Sebring are painted completely for low maintenance.

Roger,

Down here in TEXAS...don't have to deal with that...thank God!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Removing the GT body panels:

kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
Did you make any cuts/stretches yet? Did you get the body? Inquiring minds want to know
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boys & Girls,

We are still at a minimum, 2 weeks away from making any cuts.
Finishing up BluDrm this week...which looks like she is going to bleed over to next week.
At the same time we are working on mounting the body on MERA GTX.
Once she comes back...in about 10 more days...being realistic...MyTestarossa is next in line and will be dropped off when MERA GTX is retrieved.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Your two weeks are up!

[This message has been edited by kwagner (edited 05-08-2014).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I subscribed to this thread. Ya gotta post !!!!!!!!
-Joe
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...after a few months on not reporting on this one ...I am happy to state that I will have update photos this weekend.
The stretch is completed and all the metal work is all done on the frame.
The body is loosely mounted and ready for alignment.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wohoo!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided on a specific paint as well:

P-493 Nuclear Sunset Tangerine from: Midwest Industrial Coatings
2859079-493
Flat clear
2859079-FC

Here are examples of the color:

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Decided on a specific paint as well:

P-493 Nuclear Sunset Tangerine from: Midwest Industrial Coatings

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

NICE CHOICE!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-30-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few photos of the stretch:

Lengthened and raised in the rear to needed dimensions

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-04-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock