Started on: 03-11-2014 03:16 AM
Replies: 46 (1230 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 03-13-2014 08:00 PM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count the bullcrap...

Its a New Game!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exactly which of the four cars pictured is he selling?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the four was a Forza Motorsport screen shot... LOL.

I'm guessing it's a gag posting. It has to be. Because nobody is that stupid... right?
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of the ones pictured!
1.is a Ttop(he claims his is a sunroof)
2.is a Screen shot of a video game
3.is a white notchie (he claims his is red)
4.is a GT

ALOT MORE......Keep looking..
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It also states in three different places it has a 4-speed, an auto and a rare 3-speed manual.
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The parts are worth thousands! Thousands of what I have no idea.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"2.8 motor and MANUAL transmission." but it also has "automatic transmission, power steering, four wheel power disc brakes".

It is also a "convertible" with a "sunroof"!!!

Part of me thinks that it is a gag-post trying to scam people since the person selling it doesn't have a feedback score, having never bought or sold anything on eBay before.
But on the other hand, maybe this old (retired) person just decided to sell the car and made an eBay account, and being old, they don't have all their facts straight...

who knows...

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 03-11-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to know if it is the notchback, or the fastback. What an IDIOT!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I want to know if it is the notchback, or the fastback. What an IDIOT!

It says at the bottom it is an "86 SM6 model" which I presume he actually means it's an 86 2M6 SE. If there is an actual car for sale, it is probably an 86 SE.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just about to post this. LOL

I sent him a question asking if this was an auction for all 7 cars. If so, he would actually be right about many of his "facts".
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably his IQ score is equal to his number of sales he has on Ebay .....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

The parts are worth thousands! Thousands of what I have no idea.

Maybe Philippine pesos? The last time I checked they were around 57 pesos per USD.

Nelson
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of you should buy it and report back to us which car it turned out to be.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought it was a manual, but then...."with automatic transmission, power steering, four wheel power disc brakes"!

ooofda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Then it also becomes a 3M6 with a 2.9
weeeee!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO,I had sent this to the seller:

Dear tucktucker1,

Is this listing a joke,or do you not know how to fill out an add with real info and real pictures?

- coalminer1062

This is what he responded back with to me:

Dear coalminer1062,

Sorry the car is being re conditioned and some of the photss are "representative" from goolgle images., I willupdate as I get new images.
This is for Pomtiac Fiero "afficionados" and you should know this special car and dont even need photos if your are a real informed buyer or Fiero collector- IMHO

- tucktucker1

SO,now we find out the car is being "re conditioned ".....
Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vin would indicative of an 86 SE if indeed the vin is correct.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of you sitting on all those 2.8Ls with the rare 4 speeds better sell them now. They're worth thousands in just those parts alone. Never mind the fact I've bought a running and driving fastback for a $1,000, but oh man that 2.8L/2.9L/whatever-it-is coupled to the 4 speed/3 speed/manual/automatic is worth a small fortune. This may be your last chance to jump on such a rare deal of a car that has maybe around 40,000 others optioned the same way, but that only heightens how rare it is.

Come back next week when I let you in on that beach front investment property opportunity I have in Montana.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:
This is for Pomtiac Fiero "afficionados" and you should know this special car and dont even need photos if your are a real informed buyer or Fiero collector- IMHO

You see, you are the problem, we are the problem, we are not afficionados

sheesh
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just couldnt post anything more than just this....lmao.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent him: "Aficionados" are laughing at this listing because you have so many errors.
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I searched his email address and found that he runs and art webpage, and just for giggles I have a video of the actual guy who made the eBay ad.... I was really bored at the office today... Anyway here's the link.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSXzWwNpVg8

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 03-12-2014).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After his stupid answer I reported the item as fraudulent in description. Everyone else should also then maybe he will learn to put the real photos up and a real description as should be. Rick B
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is funny people get worked up and waste their time over a posting on ebay, be it real or not. Seems he/she has done what he/she has set out to do.

Kevin
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EBay Item description policy

Allowed:
Describing only the item you're selling in the listing and the terms of the sale
Providing complete and accurate details
Specifying the condition of the item
Describing any defects or flaws in the item

Not allowed:
Including conflicting product information in a listing, such as saying you have a 16G MP3 player in your title, but 8G in the description.

We could e-mail this gentleman at bestartmarketing@gmail.com and help him clarify his item description.
Decode his VIN, explain power brakes, that kind of thing.
Who knows, this might actually be a nice car, and he is not computer savvy.
Then again he could be just be "Another Idiot on Ebay".

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's working on a website for photographers to post and sell their photos to art "aficionados". Explain the reason for posting those pics again...
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just checked it out again....
he actualy posted my question to him and his reply back.....
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just checked it out again....
he actualy posted my question to him and his reply back.....

I saw that! I wonder why he didn't post mine? I guess mine hurt his feelings.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I got the trans part figured out. It started life out as a 4spd automatic transmission. Then he lost 1st gear because the 2.9l from hell dropped massive horsepower down the line. After first gear was lost, the owner has to manually shift the auto from 2nd gear to maintain consistent torque loads. The transmission controller is not setup to shift past 1st gear, so it just causes grief with the intake narps. Thusly the trans is a manually shifted auto 3/4 speed.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 03-12-2014).]

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I think I got the trans part figured out. It started life out as a 4spd automatic transmission. Then he lost 1st gear because the 2.9l from hell dropped massive horsepower down the line. After first gear was lost, the owner has to manually shift the auto from 2nd gear to maintain consistent torque loads. The transmission controller is not setup to shift past 1st gear, so it just causes grief with the intake narps. Thusly the trans is a manually shifted auto 3/4 speed.

he updated the listing with more picts of a different car,and utterly wrong useless info............
BTW I sent the guy a link to this thread

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 03-12-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked at a Astro conversion van listed that was pretty closeby. Described as perfect mint condition in and out and needed nothing. Id trade the Sebring for a really nice one. Both lower sides and rockers were rotted completely out, master cylinder was leaking fluid, seats had lot of burns, and it had 4 bald tires. I just drove up, walked around it and told him no thanks.
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And he has 3 bids!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be those " Pomtiac Fiero afficionados" he was talking about
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any guesses on the reserve price? I'll guess he thinks he'll get $8,000 for it (whichever one it turns out to be)
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I notice the seller has zero feedback score. So either this is his first experience into the world of ebay, or someone created a dummy account to mess goof with Fiero "aficionados"

Either way, who the heck is bidding on that. Its like taking the mystery box when you could have gotten a boat.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Any guesses on the reserve price? I'll guess he thinks he'll get $8,000 for it (whichever one it turns out to be)

It's the red 86 SE (the newly added pics are of it). But yeah, I'm sure he wants way more than it's worth.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope the new picts of the red car has a solid top

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 03-12-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Its like taking the mystery box when you could have gotten a boat.

Hey! There could be anything in that box! It could even be a boat!

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope the new picts of the red car has a solid top

Right, because the information he typed in the posting is so accurate.

It is at least an SE, and they are at least 4 pics of the same car. And Google at least doesn't seem to be finding those exact same images elsewhere, even if they are thumbnails.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he has some more questions posted check this one out

Q: Is there a place that I could have a mechanic look at the car? Mar-12-14
A: car is in sarasota . my top mechanic is going over everything this week- you could call him after work is done..

now hows that for a answer
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock