Truelo pieces for my 3.4 by Grantman
Started on: 03-10-2014 07:42 PM
Replies: 5 (316 views)
Last post by: Grantman on 03-11-2014 03:14 PM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked these up over the weekend. My 3.4 should be a very happy motor this spring. Has a 260H already in it, a 57 mm TB and some porting done, this should give me that little something extra when passing. I'll have the exhaust stripped and new ceramic put on inside and out and powdercoat the intake chrysler red like my valve covers. Then to have the car dyno'ed so Ryan can do fine tuning if necessary. Plan to make my first trip to Frazee this summer.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback 3.4Lpr with 4T60
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find, keep us posted on your changes.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the club.

A word of advice: get solid copper or aluminum gaskets for the header to y-pipe connections. Paper or composite gaskets will get eaten up in no time.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a part number by chance?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the gaskets that I used: http://www.summitracing.com...sum-620125/overview/

As you can see, they're 2.5" ID header collector gaskets. The Trueleo guys use header collector flanges for the header to Y-pipe connections. That said, your headers appear to be a little different from mine. The size and shape of the Y-pipe is different. You may want to measure the ID of the flanges to be sure.

In any case, several brands and types of header collector gaskets can be found at Summit Racing. And once again, the solid copper or aluminum gaskets are your best bet.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Appreciate the link and information Blacktree, definately following your advice on gaskets.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock