best way to protect vinyl interiors? by woodyhere
Started on: 03-10-2014 08:22 AM
Replies: 2 (150 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 03-10-2014 09:51 AM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished reattaching so loose vinyl on my console. The repairs came out fine but it made me wonder if the products I have used sparingly for years, to protect the vinyl, is really the way to go. Am I doing more harm than good? I have used Armor All and similar products. I had a Monza years ago and the vinyl literally crumbled. The PO said she always used Armor All. I can't be sure she really did but the vinyl was ruined in that car. My 87 still looks just fine but I would like to keep it that way. Years ago a fellow touted using lemon pledge. I used it on a convertible top for 20 years. It kept the white top looking like new. It seemed to work on the interior as well.
What are your favorite ways to protect your interiors? I have a feeling you guys in the South are better versed than us occasional sun guys in the North.

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Armor-all does damage vinyl in the long run. I was told not to use it about 10 years ago when I bought my southern Fiero. There are spray cleaners that are made specifically for vinyl.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-10-2014).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ultimate vinyl protectant ?
Quality car cover....
Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock