Started on: 03-06-2014 09:37 AM
Replies: 5 (348 views)
Last post by: RCR on 03-07-2014 12:43 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a request from a writer that is doing a book on 308, 328 and 348 Ferrari's and is looking for a picture(s) of a Mera. He will only have a few sentences (paragraphs) on the Mera. He has asked me to find the best picture(s). I think a red 88 Mera with the Cromadora rims is the best one. Ideally as close to OEM as possible. Has to have Mera badges on it.

QUOTE:

currently commissioned to write a book about Ferrari's 308, 328 and 348. While lots of enthusiasts are dismissive or scathing about replicas, I feel no book about these cars would be complete without mentioning the replica phenomenon, and I recently happened upon your website; an amazing resource!

While I can only touch upon the Mera in the book, I am quite keen to find a really nice photograph of a Mera I can use to illustrate the point that they were by no means poorly designed lash-ups as some kit cars are, but were instead really accomplished body-conversions, the end result of which is a handsome and tidily finished car.

I wondered if you would be willing to see if any owners were prepared to allow me to use a good photograph of their car. They would of course get a picture credit in the book, and I do assure you my text is by no means an attack on the model.

Thanks
Rodney

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-06-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not particularly helpful, but the best pics I've seen were of yours. (thank you, BTW).

ttt

Bob
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney,

Does he only want exterior pictures or exterior/interior ones? If an exterior photo is all that is required, I have a red t-top 88 with Chromadoras that could be used. If exterior/interior pictures are needed I could use the 87 which is basically stock except for the turbo and wheels. The wheels have Mera center caps installed. I can take specific new pictures once the rain has stopped if they are needed.

Nelson
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Not particularly helpful, but the best pics I've seen were of yours. (thank you, BTW).

Bob

Thanks kindly. I have suggested using mine (Mera #8110) since I started and did the Mera Registry for many years. He has agreed to that but he will have to smudge over the Ferrari badges etc.

Thanks
Rodney
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000

gifs upload

pc screen shot

Chicago Concour's D'Elegance class winner 1995 (their 100th anniversary show)

Rodney

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 03-07-2014).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Thanks kindly. I have suggested using mine (Mera #8110) since I started and did the Mera Registry for many years. He has agreed to that but he will have to smudge over the Ferrari badges etc.

Thanks
Rodney

You're welcome... I just hope you don't mind what I did to it: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091128-5.html

Bob

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock