Pontiac-Oakland Automobile Museum - Fiero display added by commerce
Started on: 03-05-2014 12:01 PM
Replies: 8 (513 views)
Last post by: kendallville on 03-08-2014 07:48 PM
commerce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this on "Pontiac Daily Leader" It mentions a Fiero Club participating in the new display for the Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum.
http://www.pontiacdailylead...ews/140218963/?tag=1

One of the other new points of interest at the museum is a Pontiac Fiero display. Dye said an upcoming event in conjunction with the museum will take place on May 17, which Dye is calling “Fiero Day.” A Fiero car club will be coming and one of the keynote speakers is from Bloomington.
“The speaker came up with the design for the Fiero steering wheel. The wheel had a lot of buttons and functions which were attached to it, so it was a little more complicated than it sounds,” Dye said. “He has his original drawings and we are going to try and get him to come and speak to the club — it’s a pretty sizable chapter.”
In the display, Dye has a first-year Pontiac Fiero from 1984. This is no ordinary Fiero however, it is one of 2,000 replica pace cars with only 11,400 miles on the engine. Beside it sits a last-year Pontiac Fiero from 1988, which the owner turned into a road race racecar.
“He actually won three regional championships with that car,” Dye said.
On the back wall of the display section, is an engineering chassis that Dye founding in Ohio. He said the chassis was taken off the line before it was given an VIN number and sent for research and it eventually ended up in a wrecking yard before Dye found it. On another wall next to the display, Dye has laid out the red panels, which would bolt on to Chassis.
“The model got off to a bad start and they were underpowered,” Dye said. “But anybody will tell you by 1988, the 1988 Fiero GT with a six-cylinder engine was a pretty nice car. The most unique thing about the car was how it was made. None of the body panels were bolted on. It was done so that people could easily modify the look of the vehicle by molding panels.”
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, at least one Fiero club is participating. Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts will be cruising down and hopefully some other clubs / fiero lovers will join us or meet us there.

http://www.fierofocus.com/events.html We are looking forward to Fiero Day in Pontiac Illinois.
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for sharing that. I did not know it existed. I'm going to try to make it out there.

edit: ok now I laugh as I really thought it was in oakland county pontiac MI
thanks for the laugh lol

[This message has been edited by gen2muchwork (edited 03-06-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a very nice museum. I wish it was closer to me
commerce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the Fiero Focus webpage. Looks like a well organized and active club.
http://www.fierofocus.com/
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a member of the Pontiac Oakland Club International(POCI) I can say that there is a lot of Pontiac information and such that is at the museum. POCI supports it. It sounds like a good place if there is room to have a Fiero section.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-06-2014).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

thanks for sharing that. I did not know it existed. I'm going to try to make it out there.

edit: ok now I laugh as I really thought it was in oakland county pontiac MI
thanks for the laugh lol

It is unfortunate that Pontiac Michigan or some one didn't think about doing a museum for all Pontiacs in Pontiac Michigan. At one time all most all Pontiacs were produced in that city.
Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hope they get the details right with any displays they make...did anyone else scratch their head about...

"The speaker came up with the design for the Fiero steering wheel. The wheel had a lot of buttons and functions which were attached to it, so it was a little more complicated than it sounds,”

and

"The most unique thing about the car was how it was made. None of the body panels were bolted on."

kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

I just hope they get the details right with any displays they make...did anyone else scratch their head about...

"The speaker came up with the design for the Fiero steering wheel. The wheel had a lot of buttons and functions which were attached to it, so it was a little more complicated than it sounds,”

and

"The most unique thing about the car was how it was made. None of the body panels were bolted on."

Yes I did , I had no idea what they were talking about. The only buttons on my steering wheel is the horn.
And the body panels ? are they kidding?
Did someone else make a car they called a fiero, or is mine something else and I thought it was a Fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock