Chumpcar or LeMons Who's racing in 2014 by hairballrm
Started on: 03-02-2014 04:21 AM
Replies: 15 (676 views)
Last post by: hairballrm on 04-10-2014 04:42 PM
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all love Fieros, that's why we are here.
My passion for our mid-engined piece of automotive Americana is evolving.
I have new found respect for the Fiero on the endurance racetrack.
Properly sorted this GM will finish.
Of course, " rubbin' is racing" and the school of hard pinging perforates pistons.
All that hard work can end in the trailer trip home in disappointment.

If you are running LeMons or Chumpcar sound off.
More importantly, let's all go to the track and support these teams

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
working on a 3800 powered 5 speed 85 gt to run in chumpcar/lemons. trying to be done for the summit point WV race in June. My build is S L O W lol so if I don't make the summit point race I'm shooting for VIR in August. Depending on my crew if VIR isn't do-able we will be hitting NJMP (same weekend) because it's closer.

This is my goal for paint scheme:

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fieroline car will be out for a couple races this year, should be better than ever! We are shooting for a short race in August at PIR and a longer October race at PIR as well.

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

working on a 3800 powered 5 speed 85 gt to run in chumpcar/lemons. trying to be done for the summit point WV race in June. My build is S L O W lol so if I don't make the summit point race I'm shooting for VIR in August. Depending on my crew if VIR isn't do-able we will be hitting NJMP (same weekend) because it's closer.

This is my goal for paint scheme:

Oh you SOB... My team and I are building an 85 SE v6 4 speed for chump. Keeping stock engine for now, it runs great, don't care if she blows. Anyway shooting to race at MIS and Road America... With that paint scheme.... Lol

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

kcorah

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kcorahSend a Private Message to kcorahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hope to be done with our 87 with a 3400, 5 spd. We are shooting for summit point as our first race. and the sprints at PIRC. (Chumpcar)
gwg1995

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not fixing up a Fiero to run in the lemons but I'm thinking about throwing a 351w in a 77 mgb to run at summit point.
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIEROPHREK Check your PMs
Chumpcar rules evolve.
There has been a positive change regarding the "Average Internet Value" of the Fiero.
It looks like they went to set amounts and call it "Market Performance Value". The Fiero is listed at $175.
I do not know exactly how they will assess the value of your engine swap.
If your Total Competition Value exceeds $500 it will cost you penalty laps.
I, frankly, am not the best guy to interpret the rules for you.

It would great if you did VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: 24 Hour
alot more substancial than the double-7 !

------------------

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been checking out the rules and from my understanding the value out of the 2.8 and value in of a 3800 are almost the same. I even want to say the 2.8 has a higher value than the 3800. With the computer and harnesses being no penalty swap value the only thing I have to worry about is suspension components. Even if we do get hit with some penalty laps I'm not worried. It'll be one hell of a time out there in a fiero!

------------------

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bigger brakes will allow you go deeper into the corners.
Slow in, fast out.
Do you have a larger 87-88 fuel tank?

------------------

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

Bigger brakes will allow you go deeper into the corners.
Slow in, fast out.
Do you have a larger 87-88 fuel tank?

I am doing the grand am brake upgrade with the blazer master cylinder. I do not have the 87-88 tank but was thinking about the aftermarket one being offered in the mall as a possible mod after the first race shakedown of the car. I'll do a build thread once i get a little further along with the project. I was also thinking about installing a small (3gal) verticle fuel cell in the front compartment and plumb it directly into the front of the fuel tank. Who knows right now still got to get it on the track and not ball it up in the first day of racing.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LeMons this year, but not in a Fiero.

On a related note, I'm looking for a cheap/ugly but usable set of 15"x7", 4x100 lug pattern wheels.

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 03-13-2014).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, all your guys paint schemes put my car to shame! Of course last time it raced, we barely got it to the track in time to duct-tape the number on the side
The chariot of fire should ride again this season after a hiatus Fortunately the closest track's race isn't til the latter part of the season, so that's more time to prep and go out on track/fun days.
Dspoeth

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DspoethSend a Private Message to DspoethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not Chumpcar but SCCA Club racing. Hoping to get out this year but may not get car out in time for the driving school to get my license.

KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dspoeth:

Not Chumpcar but SCCA Club racing. Hoping to get out this year but may not get car out in time for the driving school to get my license.

Ah hah, so you're the guy!
I told Steve I wanted to buy that car (Csaba's old IT car) on Tuesday Jan 7th. He told me he couldn't get it un-buried from the snow until the weekend and that it wasn't going anywhere. I got a truck and trailer lined up, and when I called him on Saturday Jan 11th to come down, and he told me he sold it.

The reason I have the 24 Hours of Lemons car above is because Steve sold that car out from under me.
If you change your mind about racing that car, let me know.

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 03-19-2014).]

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at the schedule today and it has changed.

The "37" has been moved from Kansas to
November 15-November 16
EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY: 37 Hour
""The 37" (The Title Says It All)"

There are three 24hr events
May 17-May 18
BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY: 24 Hour
"The Interstate 5 Middle-of-Nowhere Grand Prix"

August 9-August 10
VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: 24 Hour
"The VIR 24-hour Classic"

December 30-January 1