Great Electronics Half the price of Ebay by dematrix86gt
Started on: 03-01-2014 10:58 AM
Replies: 15 (635 views)
Last post by: woodyhere on 03-06-2014 01:35 PM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a while ive been buying all my electronics (keyless entry, audio, alarms, autostart) from aliexpress Ive bought prob 3 grand worth of stuff from them in the past 5 months and installed on customers cars and havent had not one problem yet. Example typical keyless entry on ebay 45.00 to 50.00. aliexpress 10.00 to 15.00 same part. the delivery time is a little longer but worth the savings. Also i was going to do a build thread on this project but ill let everyone know now. you can build a Digital Dash using gauges on this website for under 50 bucks minus the speedo. Thats Tach /oil/volts/temp/fuel square flat faced not round insert pods, and the gauges work great, at the present i prob have 30 gauges on hand here for streetrod builds. you can also get boost and others. I know we all love our cars and sometimes money is tight and we have to shop around to make it happen or to fit that budget. Thought id just share this with all of you and help you save money and get the things youve been wanting, and almost always shipping is free. even on a 3.00 part

Just this morning i ordered 3 sets of Alpine tweeters for a stereo build for someone in the next few weeks. Ebay 56.00 a set / Aliexpress 8.00 a set free shipping
Robert

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 03-01-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at that website. Wow, the prices are really good! As mentioned they have just about every gauge except the speedometer. Tach, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Voltage & Boost. Would be nice to do a nice little pod of digital gauges......

Here is the Tach, that goes for $16 with free shipping:

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.sitejabber.com/r...s/www.aliexpress.com

http://www.trustpilot.com/r...w/www.aliexpress.com

http://www.complaintsboard....nnesota-c391993.html

I have no personal experience with Aliexpress. I considered buying some display lighting from them, but the web reviews scared me off. This is a bunch of independent sellers (like Amazon.com), but based in China. The results are apparently hit and miss. The "warranty" they advertise is useless, if you can believe the reviews. You seem to have found a good seller if you've done that much trouble-free business. It's best to keep in mind, tho, that the business ethics over there are not like ours. Let the buyer beware.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Thought id just share this with all of you and help you save money and get the things youve been wanting, and almost always shipping is free. even on a 3.00 part

While it's appreciated that you've passed on this info, the few components that I've taken a quick peek at there were more expensive that what I can find on eBay.

As with anything anywhere, it's best to shop around.
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For a while ive been buying all my electronics (keyless entry, audio, alarms, autostart) from aliexpress Ive bought prob 3 grand worth of stuff from them in the past 5 months and installed on customers cars and havent had not one problem yet. Example typical keyless entry on ebay 45.00 to 50.00. aliexpress 10.00 to 15.00 same part. the delivery time is a little longer but worth the savings. Also i was going to do a build thread on this project but ill let everyone know now. you can build a Digital Dash using gauges on this website for under 50 bucks minus the speedo. Thats Tach /oil/volts/temp/fuel square flat faced not round insert pods, and the gauges work great, at the present i prob have 30 gauges on hand here for streetrod builds. you can also get boost and others. I know we all love our cars and sometimes money is tight and we have to shop around to make it happen or to fit that budget. Thought id just share this with all of you and help you save money and get the things youve been wanting, and almost always shipping is free. even on a 3.00 part

Just this morning i ordered 3 sets of Alpine tweeters for a stereo build for someone in the next few weeks. Ebay 56.00 a set / Aliexpress 8.00 a set free shipping
Robert

im looking for cheap red led digital boost gauge's for my 3.8sc , and a red led digital air fuel ratio gauge. 2 1/16 gauges.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres a money back guarantee just like paypal its with aliexpress and not the independent stores. . I personally have not had one complaint with them, bare in mind most come from china post (long wait) but it always arrives.
as far as a boost gauge and Air flow gauge in red , they gottem.

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

http://www.sitejabber.com/r...s/www.aliexpress.com

http://www.trustpilot.com/r...w/www.aliexpress.com

http://www.complaintsboard....nnesota-c391993.html

I have no personal experience with Aliexpress. I considered buying some display lighting from them, but the web reviews scared me off. This is a bunch of independent sellers (like Amazon.com), but based in China. The results are apparently hit and miss. The "warranty" they advertise is useless, if you can believe the reviews. You seem to have found a good seller if you've done that much trouble-free business. It's best to keep in mind, tho, that the business ethics over there are not like ours. Let the buyer beware.

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Theres a money back guarantee just like paypal its with aliexpress and not the independent stores. . I personally have not had one complaint with them, bare in mind most come from china post (long wait) but it always arrives.
as far as a boost gauge and Air flow gauge in red , they gottem.

Have you had a problem with a shipment and tried to collect? "Just like PayPal" is naive at best.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:
Have you had a problem with a shipment and tried to collect? "Just like PayPal" is naive at best.

AliExpress is one of the many sites of AliBaba Group, which has been around since 1999. It may be a Chinese company, and a very large amount of the stuff might come from China (and even a large amount might be cheap crap), but it's not a shoddy business that was thrown together over a few days last summer and suddenly has people using it. Though even if you do run into trouble with a shipment or transaction, and can't get it resolved through AliExpress/AliBaba in a timely, respectable, and acceptable manner, you can always dispute the charge on your credit card (assuming you actually paid with a credit card instead of bitcoins or such).
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i do use a credit card (good point) Ive had great luck buying from there, granted china post take some getting used to but with the money i save and can save my customers its win win for me. when the local audio store charges 350.00 bucks for a alarm and remote keyless entry and i can buy the same product (viper) for 38.00 free shipping and install it all for under 150.00 where can i go wrong? after word of mouth of the deal they got youll make money and save money in the process, another thing i do, when i order i order in pairs or 3 at a time. because of china air.

Most stores have the option to upgrade the shipping to singapore air (alot faster) and that option on my last order was 1.85 upgrade. i mean i could buy the stuff and sell it on here in the mall for far less than anyone else but id rather let my friends save money too when they can. i get enough business installing as it is. Pissed off a few shops too by under bidding them by over half, and they cant see how im doing it. Give them a try or not its up to you, if i ever get burned on a deal ill just note that shop dispute it and move on to another supplier. simple enough. i curently use about 14 different suppliers there and not one have i had to contact or had a problem with.

Originally posted by dobey:

AliExpress is one of the many sites of AliBaba Group, which has been around since 1999. It may be a Chinese company, and a very large amount of the stuff might come from China (and even a large amount might be cheap crap), but it's not a shoddy business that was thrown together over a few days last summer and suddenly has people using it. Though even if you do run into trouble with a shipment or transaction, and can't get it resolved through AliExpress/AliBaba in a timely, respectable, and acceptable manner, you can always dispute the charge on your credit card (assuming you actually paid with a credit card instead of bitcoins or such).

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

when the local audio store charges 350.00 bucks for a alarm and remote keyless entry and i can buy the same product (viper) for 38.00 free shipping and install it all for under 150.00 where can i go wrong?

That is of course, assuming that the product is in fact actually Viper, and actually the exact same model, and not a cheap knock-off. Many of the products are cheap copies, not the real thing. I'd be very wary of retail price differences that are that much.

Are you an electronics engineer? Have you purchased both a cheap one and the $300 local one, opened both up and compared every piece to ensure they're the same, including build quality? Maybe they are the same, but with a price difference that large, this is the first thing I'd be doing, before re-selling them to customers.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Ive been seeing a lot of is companies buying returned/defective stuff from sellers and manufacturers. They repair the defect if there is one and resell them, usually as 'reconditioned'. Sometimes there was nothing wrong with the original part, it was just returned for whatever reason. It just like buying top name goods from outlet stores like Sears, JC Pennys, etc. Theyre discounted 50-75% because they cant just put them back on a shelf as new. I get a lot of so called reconditioned electronic stuff from Heartland America for good prices and never had a problem, even if I wanted to return it.
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remember China does not honor patent or copy write laws. They can slap a good brand name on a cheap piece of crap and make it sound like a great deal. Buyer beware.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its worth checking out the site just to laugh at the knockoff brand names.

Comfast and TomTop on the first page I browsed LOL

Are you sure those are Alpine and not Alpone tweeters you bought?
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a month or so ago i ordered a momo jet 35 steering wheel for a friend because he loved mine in my GT. Mine Last year after Taxes shipping and all was 306.00. (speed shop) His was 38.55. (aliexpress) Funny you should ask about cheap knock-offs. when it came in it was in the exact same box mine was in. I unbolted mine in my car and we compaired. same weight , same metal, same leather, same feel, same stitching. same mfg mark. Everything was exactly the same. Then i got to checking, Momo contracts out the MFG of their wheels to Guangzhou Yuexiu MFG in china. So yeah you could say its a cheap china knockoff from the same MFG that makes momos wheels on the same presses and same material and same quality and same labor. but then again my friend has 267.45 more in his pocket than i do because of buying from this company, Hmmmmm something to think about. so what are you buying on ebay? search
mrsteeringwheel on ebay.

Momo MFG They are also the MFG of Bride ,Recardo, Sparco, and a few others, so when it comes to manufacturing Lowest bidder gets the contract. Momo maybe be from Italy but your wheel comes from china.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 03-03-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be a bit concerned about any parts that need to hold up to stress, are about safety, or would leave you stranded if failed, even a steering wheel maybe?
But yep, Chinese stuff is inexpensive.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing. I'll give them a try.

------------------
woodys 427

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock