GT quarter windows by abarbee
Started on: 02-28-2014 09:37 PM
Replies: 14 (650 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 03-07-2014 02:40 PM
abarbee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for abarbeeSend a Private Message to abarbeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone! I have an 87 gt that I am restoring and I have one tinted quarter window from the Fiero Warehouse. I was hoping to find a matching one for the other side. Does anyone know if another place makes the same ones that were being made there? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chris cook . ebay name gtfiero. he can solve that problem for ya.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-28-2014).]

abarbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for abarbeeSend a Private Message to abarbeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks! i will check it out.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if Chris's will match what you already have, but I'll have to agree to check out ChrisCookDesigns@yahoo.com After purchasing aftermarket windows that came from two other vendors and returning them because they were junk, I went with Chris. Good quality quarter windows and great person to deal with.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris is the man to deal with. He will do what it takes "to make it right".

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if he can selll a pair without the screen printing? Just plain clear so they can be cut to fit choptops. I sent him this question. I'll post his response.
abarbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for abarbeeSend a Private Message to abarbeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent him an email last night asking if they were the same or not. I haven't received a reply yet though. Thanks everyone for your help!
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sails i get from him i have him remove the GT logo as he does them from the backside and hes hooked me up every time without a problem.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I wonder if he can selll a pair without the screen printing? Just plain clear so they can be cut to fit choptops. I sent him this question. I'll post his response.

Look at my build thread for my chop, just make your own it is easy
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Said shipped for $140

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't use silicon to glue gtfiero ones. It will peel the inner black paint.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Don't use silicon to glue gtfiero ones. It will peel the inner black paint.

If the maker didn't use the right ink to print the black, anything applied to the backside can peel the black. They MUST be printed with an acrylic ink. There are other inks and paints like lacquer, that will bond to the acrylic sheeting, but it has a destructive effect on the sheeting. I printed acrylics for over 30 years and also had my own sign company, so I do speak from experience.

Email Paul McKibben at FieroSails.com or Chris Cook and ask them about the correct coating. They are both very approachable.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-05-2014).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have serious issues with the ken hines ones available on ebay. Don't cheap out, you would not believe how frustrating having your door windows catch and rip off your 1/4 windows really is, until you've witnessed it first hand. Then drive home without a 1/4 window.

------------------

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a pair of Chris Cook's windows. The quality and service were excellent. However, I had the installed at a professional shop during a repair and there is a pale greenish discoloration behind both windows. Is this the paint issue that was discussed earlier or something else?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
t may be the mixture of the black ink. I bought a set of Chris's windows for my brother's car, after talking with Chris personally to find out how they were made. The colors look normal. Sometimes black is made with traces of other colors and they may show up at certain angles and lighting.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock