New to the Fiero. by Tooshea
Started on: 02-27-2014 12:45 PM
Replies: 10 (249 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 03-01-2014 09:44 AM
Tooshea

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToosheaSend a Private Message to ToosheaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI Everyone. My GF and I just bought and 87 GT Fastback. We plan on keeping it stock. It needs alot of attention right now. We both love it but I hate working on it. I have alot of questions Im sure if I search enough on here I'll find the answers.

------------------
Tim and Lynn
1987 Fastback GT in restore mode..

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! The people here can help you fix everything....(on a Fiero).
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the sickness. I was like you too, "I'm going to keep it stock." That lasted all of about 2 weeks. I've have my car little over 6 months and it isn't close to the same car, that was 100% stock, that I bought. There are just to many upgrades and parts available for the Fiero. If you want to keep it stock then stay away from the "Build" pages, just to many good ideas in there.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87GT, bought new and kept stock. I bought an 88 GT in 1996 and wanted to keep it stock, but it had many issues and I gave up as keeping it stock with those issues was just too much. Easier to change engines, transmissions (now a four speed auto and a 3.4L V6) etc rather than fixing. old engines or transmissions.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to another Virginian! There are quite a few Fiero owners in your area and they get together pretty often. You can check out the page at: mayor2020.wix.com/fierosforever

I'm sure someone up that way can lend you a hand and help you get more comfortable working on the car. It's an art form sometimes. But you've come to the right place for help!

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome aboard the nut house, only place on the net with more insane people than a state insane asylum.
For some unknown reason we can argue all day in OT but when one of us needs help on a Fiero we are all there to help.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock? What is this "stock" you speak of? you know of somewhere that "Stocks" aftermarket fiero parts do ya?

im just over an hour from you, any questions, just ask. i have a `stock` 88, and a swapped 86, 88 wont be stock for much longer.
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me want pictures. must have pictures.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum..... I did say the same thing you did at first......
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Tooshea

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToosheaSend a Private Message to ToosheaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone!..

Right now I'm at a stand still with this car. I have two broken waterpump bolts that needed come out. I called and spoke to two mobile welding trucks and niether of them got back to me yet. I dont have the means to drop the motor I'm working in a tiny garage. Man... IF I knew it was gonna be like this I would have paid a little more for the car and made sure the WaterPump and ALT was replaced before just so I wouldn't have to put up with this headache!

------------------
Tim and Lynn
1987 Fastback GT in restore mode..

[This message has been edited by Tooshea (edited 03-01-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tooshea:

Thanks everyone!..

Right now I'm at a stand still with this car. I have two broken waterpump bolts that needed come out. I called and spoke to two mobile welding trucks and niether of them got back to me yet. I dont have the means to drop the motor I'm working in a tiny garage. Man... IF I knew it was gonna be like this I would have paid a little more for the car and made sure the WaterPump and ALT was replaced before just so I wouldn't have to put up with this headache!

Welcome to PFF!

Unfortunately the first of many headaches. If you're in a rush you'll get frustrated. Just take your time and enjoy each new challenge. Every problem can be overcome...and this is the place for answers. You're guaranteed to learn lots and hopefully have fun doing it!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock