New Member by Fiervette
Started on: 02-27-2014 12:53 AM
Replies: 16 (445 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 03-04-2014 01:10 PM
Fiervette

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to post an introduction since I am a new member. I have been a lurker on this forum for a while and finally decided to join.

My first Fiero was an 87 GT I owned about 14 years ago. I sort of ended up with it by accident. My boss at the time had it and sold it to me for $800 because it wasn't running. I just had to replace the water pump and one of the exhaust manifolds. I was originally just going to flip it but after I got it running I was hooked. It was totally stock but I really had a lot of fun with it. I always wanted to put a larger engine in it but just never got around to it. About 3 years later, It's fate was sealed when a drunk driver ran a stop sign. I had a baby at the time so the replacement had 4 doors.

Last year, I decided that, by golly, I was getting another Fiero and putting a V8 in it. I did some research and found V8 Archie. Found out he has a kit to put in the aluminum LS motor and a 6 speed transmission. That sounded like a plan to me. Checked with the boss and she thought it was an awesome idea. So I went out and found a nice 86 GT. Then I got a g6 tranny and a LS1 Corvette Engine. Called up Archie and ordered the kit. Pulled the Stock drive train last July. My stepson and did all of the work on it. Got it running with the new V8 in January.

Can't say enough good things about Archie. He was always available to help and answered all of my many, many questions. I know I pestered him relentlessly but he was always patience and helpful.

I absolutely love this car now. I am Fiero Crazy. All I want to do is drive it, work on it, talk about it or read about Fieros!

I just ordered sardonyx247's brake booster. This weekend I intend to install new shocks, upgrade everything in the rear to Poly, and upgrade my alternator to the CS type.

Good luck and Happy Motoring.

-James
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard James! We love hearing these happy stories of newly addicted Fiero owners.

To post pictures, you'll need Pennock's Image Poster (PIP) - click icon at bottom of page.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-27-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some Pics -

-James
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now you can go "Vette hunting"
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring it to Frazee, MN for the 5th Annual. We'd all like to see it and you in person.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome the Forum, funny how these cars make us do strange things !

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum.

There are some mighty fine folks on here.
And there is a wealth of knowledge that you can tap into, all you have to do is ask.

I'm curious to know how you like the F40 trans that you're running behind that LS motor.
Any comments regarding first gear, and how do you find the ease of shifting?

~ Bob ~
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Bring it to Frazee, MN for the 5th Annual. We'd all like to see it and you in person.

I will try to make it. It is long drive from here.
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiervette

62 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Welcome to the Forum.

There are some mighty fine folks on here.
And there is a wealth of knowledge that you can tap into, all you have to do is ask.

I'm curious to know how you like the F40 trans that you're running behind that LS motor.
Any comments regarding first gear, and how do you find the ease of shifting?

~ Bob ~

Bob- thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the trans, first gear is too low really, but so is the final drive. I just live with the fact you can't give it more than half throttle in first and you have to upshift really quick. It shifts really easily when warm. Sometimes it crunches the first couple of shifts on a cold morning. It also has the idling in neutral rattle. I am told that early F40s and T56's all have this "feature". It does not hurt anything but it annoying to listen to. I am overall happy with it because it does have a lower final drive then anything else and it actually is rated close the horsepower rating of the engine.

James

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiervette:

-James

Would love to have an engine like that someday!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! You have a great start on a fine custom ride there.

Happy Trails!
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of us that want to but just can't yet must live thru the people that have, many videos are require.

Welcome to the madness!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Some of us that want to but just can't yet must live thru the people that have, many videos are require.

Welcome to the madness!

This one is kinda sweet taken at the Wisconsin Dells show.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you haven't met them already, look up ron768 and Malkier. They're both just outside Redstone and members of PFF. Ron drives an 85SE with a whale tale and a white right front fender and Chris drives a custom gray fastback.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a very good installation and car looks great. Does anyone make valve covers that don't say Corvette on them, I think getting rid of the Corvette emblem on the valve covers would top off the install.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock