battery relocation on an 84 by 1984whitesc
Started on: 02-26-2014 10:56 PM
Replies: 2 (183 views)
Last post by: 1984whitesc on 03-02-2014 04:54 PM
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a relocation box from V8 Archie and was wondering what I would have to do with the wiring on an 84. I have been looking at the wiring diagrams and I am a little confused. I wish it was as easy for the later years with a junction box. From what I understand I need to trace the wire from the altinator wire and clip it to run up to the battery. Is this correct?

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 84 basically uses the starter as a junction box...which causes issues with heat being that close to the exhaust.

I added a junction box on mine before the battery relocation...was one of the best wiring changes I made. When I did that, I ran all the additional wires that used to go to the starter to the junction box, along with the alternator wire and an 8 gauge wire from the battery to the junction box. When I relocated the battery, I ran a 00 gauge welding lead from the battery to the starter (I am a firm believer in overkill) and an 8 gauge from the starter to the junction box. I ran another 00 gauge welding lead from the negative on the battery to the front crossmember support bracket for one ground, and another to the stock grounding location on the head (and kept the ground from the head to the decklid hinge). I ran the welding lead through plastic conduit on either side of the gas tank.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 02-27-2014).]

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. I was wondering if that would be a better option. I've had some wiring issues with this car before from the heat. Do you have pics of the wiring relocation?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock