Started on: 02-24-2014 01:42 PM
Replies: 15 (930 views)
Last post by: eunospeed on 03-05-2014 03:17 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to both of you
Before continuing I am writing both of you here in a thread because you heve not replied my emails, PMs or questions in your threads concerning the headlight buckets you were producing... I wanted to make sure you guys were not supplying these anymore before I get these made in two options ...(1) like your originals (90mm) and (2) 4 x 6 HIDs. The CADs are at the metal shop and they are waiting on my OK before doing a run of 20 sets (both options)... I am not here to steal your work ... just trying to fufill the demand of these wanted items.

I have spent big money so far and not willing to make these if you are going to give me a hard time ... I dont need the hassle. Just trying to help other members on this forum.

Greatest regards to you both and awaiting your replies before I move forward... if no replies within this week 24th february 2014 I will consider it as an closed case and will go into production of the buckets. I thank you both for the hard work and money you have invested and wish you the best...

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if this proceeds as planed, ill be your first order, Ive emailed everyone about them and only got one responce from Rick meyner, as follows The website has issues and not loading correctly and I am too busy to make buckets.
Check out this thread on Pennock's Fiero Forum
FS: Projector Retrofit Headlamp Buckets
Read that for info
also check out my facebook page
Check my thread out and give me a call.
I am ONLY available
M-F noon to 3pm Pacific Standard Time
or weekends anytime

so id say thats a no on this one too.

So when the first set on 90MM comes in let me know,
Hes to busy to make buckets/ im to busy to check out face book.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-24-2014).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would also be interested in a set if you make them!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Hes to busy to make buckets/ im to busy to check out face book.

cute,
I will not sell you anything.
You took the the time to e-mail me.
I offered to to help you learn about performance lighting.

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt mean it in disrespect. It ment your to busy to build buckets and i never have time for FB. both our priorities are commited elsewhere. sorry you took that wrong. No disrespect intended.

Originally posted by hairballrm:

cute,
I will not sell you anything.
You took the the time to e-mail me.
I offered to to help you learn about performance lighting.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

.. if no replies within this week 24th february 2014 I will consider it as an closed case and will go into production of the buckets.

Danyel

This was the worst upgrade I ever tried on a fiero. I'll offer you this:

Good luck with the project.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-26-2014).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before you build something that someone else has time and money into don't you think you should have asked them long before you committed your time and money? Just saying.

In regards to Synthesis not answering your emails it's probably because he was in the hospital according to this thread Synthesis Update. Looks like he's out now and hangs out a lot on Facebook.

If what dematrix86gt says is true about him saying he's too busy to produce buckets then all of what I said is a moot point.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

This was the worst upgrade I ever tried on a fiero. I'll offer you this:

1. Offer instructions on how to install the friggin' light modules into the buckets, post a link or Give Something that says how to do it;

2. Make the friggin buckets NARROWER - there are NO consequences to narrow buckets, but MAJOR consequences if the buckets are TOO WIDE. Several buyers (including me) had to cut the hood to get these to work;

3.Tell buyers if normal paint won't stick to the material you use.

Good luck with the project.

You had to cut the hood? You are the only one I have ever of with that problem. Now, poor interface on a non wear portion of the headlight doors, yes that is a major problem. I do agree with you on the galvanized coating and lack of instructions though.

Hardly the worst upgrade ever...

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

If what dematrix86gt says is true about him saying he's too busy to produce buckets then all of what I said is a moot point.

dematrix86gt was talking about hairballrm...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-25-2014).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning,

These are, and always have been Timo's product. I manufactured them here in the states on his behalf.

Full disclosure:
I still owe Timo a lot of money for the last batch of buckets. I used the majority of the incoming funds to pay off several large medical bills that had gone to collections. Timo was made aware of this a long time back, but may not have known the extent of the bills. My pay checks were being garnished another 35% on top of the 30% child support at the time.
I was in the hospital overnight very recently for signs of a heart attack. I am fine, my heart is healthy, and it was caused by stress.

Timo and I have not talked in a while, and that is my own fault due to not reinstalling Skype on my PC after a reformat. I have three people on my Skype list, and I rarely chat with them so it slips my mind to reinstall it.

I am unable and unwilling to continue making this product as I do not have the time or funds to do so at this point. I would love to continue making them, but I need to pay down owed funds before I do anything else.

My suggestion is that you partner with Timo to manufacture the next batch. He IS still out there, and is available on Skype from time to time. I had sent him both the PDF dimensional print as well as the cad file a long time back.

As for concerns about documentation:
Yes, the information about the light installation could be easier to find, but it is out there.
I'll make it easy:
Insert the clips in three of the four holes per light.
Insert the adjusters in the corresponding three mounts of the light so that the module is oriented upright in relation to the bucket (so the light doesn't get installed upside down)..
The adjuster rounded ball faces forward toward the lens.
Use a C-clamp. One end on the end of the plastic adjuster clip, the other on the hex end of the lamp. Compress slowly. It will resist, and then pop into place.
Wash, rinse, repeat for the rest.

Cutting the hood:
That's not a flaw of the bucket design. That's a flaw in your vehicle (things out of alignment?)..

Narrower buckets?
Yes, they could likely be narrowed by approx 1/4", but this may result in the low/high beam modules contacting during adjustment. There could also be some minor design tweaks made to the back side of the design, as well as the pivot points of the buckets.
There is definitely some contact in some places if you don't tweak the buckets a bit after installation (tweak = bend slightly)...
Should you need to do this? No. Do you NEED to do this? No. Not on every car. Welcome to the wonderful world of varying tolerances in the vehicle during manufacturing.

The buckets that were originally manufactured in Germany were made from several pieces of steel welded together. This worked, made the buckets easy to assemble, but also resulted in spots to collect and hold water and form rust, weakening the weld point.
The re-design, approved by Timo and designed by a shop of very experienced engineers, resulted in a dimensionally identical bucket made from a single piece of steel and CNC bent with four weld points.
The only other parts on the buckets are the two brackets welded to the bottom for the lift arm.
These were MUCH stronger, and are much more difficult to "adjust" when aligning the light and making things fit perfectly. Other than this, they were identical.

Galvanized coating:
Several protective coatings were experimented with. Hot dip galvanized (think of the old school chain link fence with all the little blobs and sharp pieces), electro-plate galvanization, nickel plating, hard chrome, powder-coating...
A set of powder-coated buckets made it through one winter on the roads here in Minnesota before developing holes due to rust.
Without the coating, the mild steel wouldn't last two years on the road in a winter driven condition.
Why did we choose to protect the buckets? Because at the time of manufacture, I was daily driving my Fiero in the winter, and I wanted the product that both mine and Timo's name was attached to to last through anything.
I take pride in the products I have something to do with, even if my abilities to meet demand and pay my debts are sorely lacking, I wanted them to last.

Electro-plate galvanization was the final coating choice. It was the thinnest coating that fit within the price point and provided a very durable finish.
Can it be painted? Yes! With the proper prep work. My buckets have been painted and running for the last several years without any issues. There is some minor paint chipping caused by rocks.
How do you prep? You use a light acid wash to etch, or an acetone bath to remove any oils from skin contact and then an etching primer.
Two to three coats of primer, and then a coat or two (or three) of your color of choice. If this has issues, look closely at your paint/primer. They may not be compatible, chemically.

Again, my suggestion: Speak to Timo first. I realize he may be unavailable, but I have seen him pop up on Skype the other day, just after I re-installed. I'm sure he'd like to enter a partnership with someone who can invest the time and money, and make sure Timo gets his share on time.

I'm working on it Timo...

Chris
Jordan, MN

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 02-25-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Chris
Thanks for taking the time to explain the whole picture. As you know I'm not here to take away from you or Timo but in contrary. If i can strike a deal with Timo I am willing to give a percentage to lower your debt with him. But I will need written consent and. drawings from Timo so this bucket will be to EXACT specs. Also Timo is IMPOSSIBLE to reach can you get a hold of him and give him my skype addy? I have been trying for over a month!!! Its really getting frustrating to try and do something for you guys but all I was getting was radio silence......
Hope all works out for you my friend.... will be seeing you in Frazee
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, I just spoke with Timo. Log into Skype, as I just gave him your info, and he sent you a request to add you as a contact. While you are at it, respond to my request as well that I sent right after we talked the other day
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Danyel, I just spoke with Timo. Log into Skype, as I just gave him your info, and he sent you a request to add you as a contact. While you are at it, respond to my request as well that I sent right after we talked the other day

Hello John
Was on skype but no request from Timo... yours was accepted ..... happy to get all this resolved so we cN move forward
greatest regards
danyel
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was the worst upgrade I ever tried on a fiero.

Really? it was one of my favorites. Right up there with the 5 speed swap.

I had hairballrm's kit. I didn't even have enough trouble to even mention, but since you want to bash the product, I will.
Seems like I had to pull one of the projectors to the side, against the spring, to get the connector plugged in. Or something silly. Once I did that it was a cakewalk.

The ONLY interference issue I had was having to grind the inside edge of the opening in the hood, where the high beam projector swung up and down. This was only on one side, and only one for one lamp on that side. And it didn't even do it when it was first installed. It took almost six months. Maybe something settled? I don't know. No big, regardless.
In any event, 30 seconds with a flat file, and a touch up with a sharpie fixed everything.

I've had GM replacement parts that didn't fit as well.

I understand that Rick is too busy to produce any more of these right now. Stuff happens. Life happens.
I hope that Danyel and/or Timo can continue to produce their product. I'm shopping for a new project car. This will be one of the things on the list.

Chris, Take care of yourself man. Stress is a b!tch. It masquerades as a lot of different things. Been there...

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-25-2014).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Really? it was one of my favorites. Right up there with the 5 speed swap.

I had hairballrm's kit. I didn't even have enough trouble to even mention, but since you want to bash the product, I will.

I didn't have the same kit as you. Mine were Gen. 1 (timo's ?) and a nightmare.

I was trying to provide Danyel with a description of the Big problems I had so he could fix them, but i guess he isn't interested (post deleted so Cliff's space isn't wasted). no problem - others can suffer through ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-26-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't have the same kit as you. Mine were Gen. 1 (timo's ?) and a nightmare.

I was trying to provide Danyel with a description of the Big problems I had so he could fix them, but i guess he isn't interested (post deleted so Cliff's space isn't wasted). no problem - others can suffer through ....

Hello PaulJK
Thank you for the product feedback you can be assured all comments and issues will be addressed. I will be makin sure that these just like my LED kits are easy to install and last a long time. The width will also be corrected to make sure that the assembly variances will not render the product a PIA to install....
All suggestions are welcomed
regards
Danyel
eunospeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to these becoming available again ;-)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock