So tell me about junkyard injectors... by BZAnathema
Started on: 02-24-2014 09:42 AM
Replies: 4 (223 views)
Last post by: Alex4mula on 02-24-2014 04:01 PM
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need injectors for a 3.4PR but I'd really like to skip out on $80 apiece for brand-spanking-new ones because I'm going to swap my engine out this summer. I don't need them to be perfect but mine are failing. Can anyone tell me about any experience they have with junkyard fuel injectors? What's my best shot for saving/testing my current set to buy as few new ones as possible?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are yours failing? The odds are good that you can clean up your injectors, or have someone do it, and they will work fine.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-24-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id rather clean my own than put in known junk ones that will need cleaned too. If your going to swap in a few months, just keep driving it like it is for that long. It cant hurt anything since your going to throw it away anyhow.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Besides Cruzin there is also Motorman Fuel Injection. He is also quite reasonable at reconditioning fuel injectors. You usually get a printout of the flow numbers after cleaning.
Thanks , Kit
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your 2.8 injectors work then you can use those. I did when I had a 3.4 and never had lean problem with near stock cams/intakes. But I also installed some injectors from a 3.3 or 3.4 GM car and they worked perfectly too. Just try to find a car with a clean engine that was totaled (i.e. engine was fine) versus a car that looks wore down. If you decide to buy then I highly recommend these place: http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock