PickNPull picker network idea by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 02-21-2014 10:34 AM
Replies: 9 (332 views)
Last post by: jaybug56 on 02-22-2014 11:14 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I imagine this doesn't exist but I could be wrong. Here's the deal: There are times when checking the listings at the PNP website, I will find the car I want but it's way too far away. In my case, Cumberland, RI. This is for a VW Cabrio but could apply to any difficult to find car part. Anyways, it would be nice if I could contact a "picker" who lives near that particular PNP, explain what part I want off the car, pre-pay them, them, they would then get the part and ship it to me. I realize there could be problems like picker dishonesty, part wasn't on the car when the picker got there, etc. Of course, if a picker were dishonest, the overseer of the picker "network" could simply disqualify any pickers that get complained against.

Lastly, I know there are yards that you can call and they will pull your part and ship it but they tend to be a lot pricier than PNP who has fixed prices. So, I was thinking that if there isn't a picker network for PNP, there should be.
Your thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That seems to be a very awesome idea to have on here.....A big plus if you could get Cliff to pin it so it would stay at the top of
"The Mall" page for everyone to use it.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That could be an excellent idea ...... I'd be the first one to enlist. GTP G6's are rare as hell around here .... and I'm lookin for the intermediate shaft (jackshaft)

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

AstroBDean

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just had to use a service such as this. A well know supplier in the SE states wanted $450 plus $60 shipping for a fuel tank for an 87. I asked if it was refurbished or something for that price, and the response was "no, they're just rare. I only have two, and they might be gone if you don't act now". In two minutes on the internet, I found a yard in NM that had one for $97. Shipping was $40. The woman even did FaceTime with me so I could see the tank "in person" so to speak before giving them the order. Had the part in three days. I think if this was offered by people who knew Fieros well and could advise on part condition, knowing what's important for our cars to work properly, it would be valuable.

Sadly when I called the original vendor to ask why the price desrcrepency, I was all but called a liar, and the gentleman said "if I could find more tanks I would buy them up". This leads me to believe that hard to find parts will start to cost us a lot of money.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be impossible to establish labor costs in bad weather.....you California guys don't know this problem....but if I was to go after a part right now it would be under 3 ft. of snow.....and about 3 times harder to get then in the springtime.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PnP Virginia Beach is 5 miles from my house.

I'm in.

Rob
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by AstroBDean:

I just had to use a service such as this. A well know supplier in the SE states wanted $450 plus $60 shipping for a fuel tank for an 87. I asked if it was refurbished or something for that price, and the response was "no, they're just rare. I only have two, and they might be gone if you don't act now". In two minutes on the internet, I found a yard in NM that had one for $97. Shipping was $40. The woman even did FaceTime with me so I could see the tank "in person" so to speak before giving them the order. Had the part in three days. I think if this was offered by people who knew Fieros well and could advise on part condition, knowing what's important for our cars to work properly, it would be valuable.

Sadly when I called the original vendor to ask why the price desrcrepency, I was all but called a liar, and the gentleman said "if I could find more tanks I would buy them up". This leads me to believe that hard to find parts will start to cost us a lot of money.

you won't get a tank at my PnP. They put a hole in each tank to suck out the gas. Also in the oil pan, trans pan and usually cut a brake line or two to get the fluid out. They also remove the cat converters.

Rob
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

http://www.car-part.com/

Hello.... please read the thread title. that is not a pick n pull.
regards
Danyel
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about something like this

Row52.com

There is a link to the Parts Puller Program that tells about what you are asking about.

I have worked both side of this before.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock