Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Member. LOOOOOONG time lurker, First time Poster.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Member. LOOOOOONG time lurker, First time Poster. by PrpleMnkyUndrpnts
Started on: 02-20-2014 02:32 PM
Replies: 19 (368 views)
Last post by: Flamberge on 02-22-2014 07:06 PM
PrpleMnkyUndrpnts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrpleMnkyUndrpntsSend a Private Message to PrpleMnkyUndrpntsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone. This is just a brief intro to myself and my Fiero. For a very long time I have always wanted a Fiero and I have been lurking this forum for probably a decade now. LOL. I was very particular in which model I wanted (88GT, T-Top, 5-Speed) so I didn't try too hard to find one, as I knew the chances of one coming up were slim. Well 3 years ago, one came up locally that had all of the things I was looking for, so I stopped by to take a look at it and I was hooked. At the time I was not in the position I to have a project car, I was living in an apartment, I didn't want to leave it outside all day, and all of the other excuses I could muster up. I spoke with my friends about it and they gave me the verbal abuse I needed for the chances of me finding the car I wanted, that was close enough for me to inspect it before buying it. Clearly I purchased the car and It has been a blast ever since. I bought it with 107K on the clock, and I have driven it 11K over the past 3 years. I have turned to this forum time and time again to get information / troubleshooting tips. I've never had a need to register on the forum because everyone has been there and done that with this car! It has been a very good car so far with only minor things needing to be replaced for a car of this age. This year I plan on actually doing the things that I want to make it mine, and restore it to a better condition. In closing this is a big Thank-You to all of the contributors and members of this forum as you have been a huge help in keeping this thing on the road. Long live the Fiero.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WELCOME! Very nice looking car, and great first post...
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I laughed to myself when I saw your first sentence out of the gate .... "This is just a brief intro"
You get it? (referring to your username).
Kit
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a BIG sucker for any Fiero with the pegasus on the hood, so let me just say:

YUMMY!

Welcome to the interaction-ary portion of your Fiero experience, we hope that you enjoy conversating with us.

It's interesting to note that you were able to get all the info you needed without having to ask. That shows how awesomely extensive the info is on here. I've gotten a great deal of help here from nice folks spilling their knowledge into their keyboards.

Nice username.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car!

And welcome!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Great looking car!

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, looks like you picked up a nice one !

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually tell newcomers, "Welcome to our obsession".
I guess you've already got a handle on the "obsession" part.

That's a nice car. Lots of people would call it "The Holy Grail" of Fieros.
Congrats!

Did I tell you, "Welcome"?

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to this lifestyle as we all can see you settled in just fine Lookin forward to see some write up on you mods and upgrades...
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and dare I say the "madness". By the way, great looking ride!
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF! Thats a nice start to your Fiero herd.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Nice car. It's good to see another fellow Floridian on the forum.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car!! I myself always keep an eye out for just the right T-top-er but haven't found the "one" yet. Congrats on finding yours!
PrpleMnkyUndrpnts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrpleMnkyUndrpntsSend a Private Message to PrpleMnkyUndrpntsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind comments on my ride. The pictures are obviously the "show off her good side" kind, but it is in very good shape. It needs a repaint due to the top areas beginning to fail ( deck, hood, roof portions) and I will get rid of the stripes (Sorry TheDigitalAlchemist, however once the paint is good and dry I might plasti-dip the stripes back on as I don't know if I would recognize my own car without them,). I just got some Rodney 1" Lowering ball joints for the front in the mail today, plus all new shocks / struts from rock auto earlier this week so its wrenching time.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PrpleMnkyUndrpnts:

I have turned to this forum time and time again to get information / troubleshooting tips. I've never had a need to register on the forum because everyone has been there and done that with this car!

It appears that you know how to use the search function here then. Congrats, we like you already!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, (beladely) If you've been lurking for a decade then you already know all the folks on here. We are the ones kind of in the dark.

Nice photography. Is it a hobby or are you a pro?
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please bring it to Daytona next month for our annual bash. We'd all love to see it in person.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, nice clean car. Definitely worth waiting for! Congrats and best of luck on your restoration efforts - not that it looks like it needs anything

------------------
woodys 427

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car! Welcome to the forum!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock