Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Strange painting with a Fiero and a giant Crab !

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Strange painting with a Fiero and a giant Crab ! by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 02-18-2014 11:07 PM
Replies: 10 (1726 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 02-20-2014 08:08 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this on jalopnik , http://jalopnik.com/this-is...ever-seen-1524679294

A man walking back to his car, calmly and resolutely facing a giant crab before him, sowing destructing and brandishing a Pontiac Fiero in its terrifying claw.

This is Fatigue 2, the work of Californian painter John Brosio. I asked him about the significance of the piece, the giant crab, and why he chose a Pontiac Fiero to face ultimate destruction.

It was a sequel to another piece, both of which have to do with being totally exasperated. I was just spent with the demands of others and those two images just sort of "happened." But the Pontiac was a toy! I had it here for a long time and thought it was just perfect. Partly had to do with the color being up there at the top of the painting but it just helped everything flow. As far as the monster, some have found a nostalgia in there for 50's science fiction but what was foremost on my mind was the notion of insurmountable obstacle

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-18-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm odd I would think it being the guy picking up crabs in the fiero not the crab picking up a guys fiero..... there is a joke in there some where lol! or maybe a sad story...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That painting is so cool. It deserves to be larger...

More paintings by John Brosio can be found HERE.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I hate when that happens....

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crabby was gonna take out he earth, but was mesmerized by cool Fiero.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for getting the story on this painting CoolBlue87GT, I saw it on facebook and was wondering what the story was.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hooters did a crab legs promo here years ago and had a giant blow up one that covered the whole building. During one nite, some school kids stole it and they found it at the school football stadium.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guy with the briefcase: "Oh no, not AGAIN!"
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm assuming the smoke in the background is from another Fiero. They catch fire you know!
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CoolBlue87GT, thanks for sharing. I kinda like the painting. In fact, I have saved it on my phone as the wallpaper.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be willing to bet cash money that this painting is an actual photograph of the cars, parking lot, man, etc,

then, using computer wizardry, the author put a filter on the picture to give it that look, and then either drew or photochopped the crab and Fiero into the background.

Just my observation.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock