who makes 3800sc s2 cold air intakes? by FieroCanada
Started on: 02-17-2014 11:38 PM
Replies: 3 (805 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 02-18-2014 05:41 PM
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need an intake, and taking a look at quality intake options,
so far i know WCF makes them
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...ntake_installed.html

anyone else?

[This message has been edited by FieroCanada (edited 02-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just made mine using an intake tube from a 4.3 chevy.
GM p/n: 25176891

I buy one or two of these depending on how I want the air filter to sit inside the fender (you can get away with just buying one): GM p/n: 25176891 - GM Truck induction tube/duct w/ bellows and clamps:

Cut in half (roughly) and reassmble by putting the now cut-off elbow onto the rest of the section that has the bellows on it. The bellows connect to the throttle body. Here are some pictures:

You can get away with using only 1 induction tube (cut in half and reassembled) if you run a smaller open-element K&N air filter (p/n: RU-3130) as seen below:

If you run a larger filter, you may need to buy a second induction tube and cut the elbow off of it so you can orient the filter as shown below:

These induction tubes were used on certain 99-newer GM fullsize pickup trucks that had the 4.3L V6; they measure 3.5" diameter so they are good enough for most performance applications. You might get lucky and find some in a junkyard and save some money since the price on new ones from GM have really gone up the past few years.

-ryan

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if the truck intake would work on a northstar TB?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also use 3 inch ABS and go above the fuel filler tubes but that requires some cutting. Dan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock