Winging it -- or not? by notaguru
Started on: 02-13-2014 07:46 PM
Replies: 50 (1464 views)
Last post by: dobey on 10-14-2014 09:56 AM
Internet-man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's something I think would look good and would like to see but never have. A wing near the top of the rear window, think Boxer Berlinetta.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
my-fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
something like this

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I took mine off, probably ten years ago. It wasn't original; it was a J.C. Whitney aftermarket look-alike wing and it was in bad shape. I lucked out by finding a perfect wingless GT decklid in the junkyard (right color, too) and made the swap without having to fill holes or paint.

I like it better this way.

I love the look of this car! The color, wheels and no wing makes it look sharp.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
choptop with a lip spoiler

nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love wings, have one on almost every car...but for some reason it looks better without...not sure why I think that cause I absolutely love the GT wing.

[This message has been edited by nosaint (edited 10-11-2014).]

MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

I love wings, have one on almost every car...but for some reason it looks better without...not sure why I think that cause I absolutely love the GT wing.

This car is PERFECT!!!! I love the stance, wingless, and the subtle changes!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:
There's something I think would look good and would like to see but never have. A wing near the top of the rear window, think Boxer Berlinetta.

I've been thinking of doing something like this on my GT. Not as big and obtrusive as the Ferrari style spoiler there though, but something more integrated with the lines of the Fiero, and the sail panels, more like an extended roof section.

Something like what is commonly done on del Sols:

Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I've been thinking of doing something like this on my GT. Not as big and obtrusive as the Ferrari style spoiler there though, but something more integrated with the lines of the Fiero, and the sail panels, more like an extended roof section.

Something like what is commonly done on del Sols:

I think that would look great. If you get around to it you must let us see.
Kurtmylar702

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kurtmylar702Send a Private Message to Kurtmylar702Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cannot stand the wing in the stock location it has the wrong look for the car. I relocate the wing back sa far as I can and it gives the car a much better look.
Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kurtmylar702:

I cannot stand the wing in the stock location it has the wrong look for the car. I relocate the wing back sa far as I can and it gives the car a much better look.

Personally I just think it's too big. What other car has a wing hang off the sides like that?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:
Personally I just think it's too big. What other car has a wing hang off the sides like that?

Actually, quite a lot of cars have spoilers in the same style as the Fiero spoiler. It's not wider than the car on the Fiero either, though it might look like it does hang off at certain angles, due to the Fiero's body angles. There are many factory spoilers across all manufacturers that fit the body in similar fashion to the Fiero spoiler, though. Just do an image search on Google for "factory spoiler" and you'll see plenty of them.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay