NIFE Meeting Sat Feb 15th - LIVE STREAM TESTING by mrfred8
Started on: 02-12-2014 09:17 PM
Replies: 11 (297 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 02-26-2014 02:13 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
REPLAY NOW AVAILABLE AT http://fierofocus.com/Club%...ry_2014_meeting.html

NIFE Meeting Saturday Feb 15th 1:30pm central time. All about the cooling system. Also testing LIVE VIDEO http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nife-winter-meetings Need some people to watch and critique the streaming as we are testing a new method.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE / 3800 s/c
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP -- We should be broadcasting this afternoon.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
We are broadcasting live if you want to watch us getting ready. Meeting starts at 1:30 pm central time.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
meeting has started
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good information on the Cooling system! I need to replace that little hose on mine, never thought about it when doing all the large hoses.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A replay of the meeting should be up on http//fierofocus.com in a few days.

Our next meeting will be March 15th and will be streamed

The first topic will be presented by Mark Sobolewski (aka Firefox) , a local Fiero enthusiast who will be discussing tips on how to touch up paint and do minor repairs to the exterior panels on your Fiero. It will cover some easy repairs of minor scuffs, nicks and chips as well as tips for keeping your car’s appearance looking good. He will also discuss methods of preventing the paint/clearcoat from peeling. Mark has done a lot of paint and bodywork for many of V8 Archie's customers, as well as many other NIFE club members.

Our second discussion will be with NIFE Member Tom Rominski (aka crateenginedepot) who has been in the GM parts business for 38 years. He is currently working at Rock Chevrolet in Grayslake, IL where he manages an online website selling everything from nuts, bolts and clips, to 750 HP GM performance engines. Having access to GM’s catalogs and GM’s locator service he can search for discontinued GM parts at any GM dealer or warehouse across the US. Between searching GM, AC/Delco and his locator sources, he is able to find a lot of parts for which your average dealer won’t spend the time helping you.

Tom has hosted shows like the World Of wheels, Corvette And Muscle Car Nationals, and the Autorama (back to the 1950’s). As a result, Tom has been able to meet and work with a lot of GM’s engineers and GM support people over the years. Since his primary job is selling GM engines, it was only natural for him to include parts for older vehicles with that which he now sells. His first project was V8-ing a Chevy Astro van. His latest conversion was swapping a LS3 V8 into his ‘85 Fiero SE. He will discuss in detail, examples of where you can find the parts on your own, what to look for, how to shop for the best deal and not get caught up in the lowest price scams.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-15-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you missed the live stream, the replay is now available online

http://fierofocus.com/Club%...ry_2014_meeting.html
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know who or who-all is responsible for putting these videos up on the internet but I do appreciate it. Being a NIFE member from the St. Louis area there is no way I can make the meetings. I am able to make the Fieroramas. I do enjoy them and meeting new people and seeing old friends again. But who ever you are-Thanks
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I don't know who or who-all is responsible for putting these videos up on the internet but I do appreciate it. Being a NIFE member from the St. Louis area there is no way I can make the meetings. I am able to make the Fieroramas. I do enjoy them and meeting new people and seeing old friends again. But who ever you are-Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, glad to know someone is watching . Video is a team effort, we hope to have all future meetings available streaming live as well as available on the FieroFocus.com website.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice poster of your car Jeff
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nice poster of your car Jeff

Thanks 2.5 look forward to seeing you at the Dells Run.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Thanks 2.5 look forward to seeing you at the Dells Run.

You too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock