Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  1st Vette to fall in the Sink Hole was a DGP PPG Pace car.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1st Vette to fall in the Sink Hole was a DGP PPG Pace car. by SuperchargedV6
Started on: 02-12-2014 06:13 PM
Replies: 4 (471 views)
Last post by: oldbikeracer on 02-16-2014 12:12 PM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the 1st Vette to fall in the hole was build by DGP Bob said they had the #1 Vette and the Clay Mock up to build the PPG body. He said the #1 Vette was a piece of S&^t. He was not aware the car was still around and wasn't aware yet of the collapse when I spoke with him this evening. Rick B

DGP bodied Vette going down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IukDWhf7U9I

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, That sucks!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics from the museum showing the DGP / PPG car with the others. Rick

http://autos.yahoo.com/phot...392227510-slideshow/
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oldbikeracer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been to the museum as I own a Corvette. Most rare car there is probably the 1983 Corvette because it is the only one. That is a good test for someone talking about Corvettes, tell them you have an 83 and see their reaction. I they do indeed know Corvettes you will see and probably hear a strong reaction. In 1983 there were several, I do not remember the number, built for quality testing to bring out the C4 generation cars. They had so much trouble that the 1983 model was never released and 1984 was first year for the C4 generation. Another rare Corvette is the Metallic Bronze color, they built a short run of them until paint mismatch was discovered on the different body panels. My 2 daily drivers are a 1987 Fiero GT and a 1992 Corvette coupe. I am a sucker for plastic 2 seat American cars, wish I could afford a Viper or Ford GT40.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock