Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How Many gallons of this paint will i need to completely repaint my Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How Many gallons of this paint will i need to completely repaint my Fiero? by TXOPIE
Started on: 02-10-2014 06:10 PM
Replies: 2 (616 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 02-10-2014 06:41 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally decided on a color and need some of our more experienced paint guys to chime in...about to order and need to how much to order.

2004-2010 Porsche 911 Turbo L39C Midnight Blue Metallic Gallon Reduced Paint!

What people say about this 2004-2010 Porsche 911 Turbo L39C Midnight Blue Metallic Gallon Reduced Paint!?

This listing is for one Gallon of our premium state-of-the-art basecoat pre-reduced ready to spray. It is ready to go straight into yout paint gun and spray. This is a true Urethane basecoat just like the OE finish on your car. Designed for absolute durability and precise color match. Our universal basecoat may be used with any quality urethane or polyurethane clear-coat. Please note that this basecoat will not need to be reduced We also offer all of the same automotive colors in Reducedbasecoat, single stage paint and a large variety of touch options including custom made aerosols.

This HIGH QUALITY products were worth to buy. You will get all these feature below when you own this 2004-2010 Porsche 911 Turbo L39C Midnight Blue Metallic Gallon Reduced Paint!

NO TRICOATS ....What does this mean?

Product Description
This listing is for one Gallon of our premium state-of-the-art basecoat pre-reduced ready to spray. It is ready to go straight into yout paint gun and spray. This is a true Urethane basecoat just like the OE finish on your car. Designed for absolute durability and precise color match. Our universal basecoat may be used with any quality urethane or polyurethane clear-coat. Please note that this basecoat will not need to be reduced We also offer all of the same automotive colors in Reducedbasecoat, single stage paint and a large variety of touch options including custom made aerosols.

Next question...is what clear-coat offers the wettest looking look when completed? ....that would work with this pain.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A gallon is fine. With basecoat, you don't need to lay on heavy coats, just enough to cover and make a consistant color. You can use any urethane clearcoat. I've used Dupont, House of Kolor, and PPG clears and they all work fine. However, most people willl cringe when I say that I love the 5 Star Extreme clearcoat the best. The price is great and I NEVER have had any failure issues with the clearcoat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIV...rksid=p2054897.l4275

Edit to add.....Tricoating is where you have 3 stages of paint. For instance the basecoat, then metal flake (or candy color), and then the final clearcoat. Your paint has the metallic already in it so you simply need spray the basecoat and then the clearcoat.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-10-2014).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 quarts is all I use in PPG base/clear.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock