2004 pontiac grandprix cylinder 2 misfire by AveryHerrig
Started on: 02-08-2014 09:19 PM
Replies: 4 (407 views)
Last post by: Custom2M4 on 02-09-2014 01:55 PM
AveryHerrig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AveryHerrigSend a Private Message to AveryHerrigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a cylinder 2 misfire in my pontiac grand prix gt 2004 i started out with the cheapest way starting with the spark plugs. it seemed to work fine for a good month than the check engine light came on again and the whole dash board started flickering, engine is running a little rough. Any of you have an idea what to do?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?????? Is this motor in a Fiero otherwise you are on the wrong forum.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-08-2014).]

Nebiros88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scan it for codes, could be completely unrelated.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scan for codes. Could be a bad coil pack or bad plug wire. I had the coil go bad on the 98 GTP swap in my dads car and then on the way to the parts store a coil went on my 2000 GTP daily driver. Moral of the story....coils go bad. Thankfully not expensive to fix and usually cause a code.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that's the only code that comes up, then it's more than likely the coil. It's best to replace the wire at the same time.
You can test it by swapping the possible defective coil with a known good one, then the misfire should appear on the other cyl. Then you know for sure.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 02-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock