Mud guard by LornesGT
Started on: 02-08-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 7 (299 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 02-10-2014 02:44 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't suppose there is an option for the mud guards? Does anybody install them back on the car? My passenger side looks better than the drivers side, still not terrible but I would like the new look. Trying to bring the car back to "new".
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it's going to depend on what you have. Fieros did not come stock with mud flap guards. GM offered an aftermarket Fiero mud flap that had contour provisions along the wheel well. They are a bit difficult to find since many did not survive. Also, there are a good handful of various aftermarket "flat" flaps that simply bolt up using the fender liner hardware mount points.

The Fiero Store actually sells a set of flat flaps that universally mount with the "Fiero" logo. You simply measure your hole points, put holes into them, then bolt them to your fender liner.

Fiero Mud Flaps
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not behind the wheels, it's below the wheel well plastic. It runs below in between the wheels and the engine. I will get a picture and post.
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Not behind the wheels, it's below the wheel well plastic. It runs below in between the wheels and the engine. I will get a picture and post.

Either the Fiero Store or Rodney Dickman make reproduction mud guards, better than the originals when I got some for my old Fiero.. Been a while since I looked for Fiero parts, got into Mini's.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must be taking about these?

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=23&products_id=112

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-10-2014).]

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Given that's what you were talking about, you should definitely have them installed.
My car is native to a low rust region, but one of those guards was missing when I got it. On that side, the engine cradle had numerous pinpoints of surface rust, apparently caused by rock chips. The other side, with the wheel liner still installed, was pristine. Those liners are definitely important, even though they're a pain to remove.

Just noticed that Dickman doesn't have pre-88 liners anymore. That sucks.. I'm using an incorrect year liner myself. Basically works but it's not quite right.

[This message has been edited by armos (edited 02-10-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think a person could make one from a flat sheet of good rubber, they would just need an original for a stencil?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I would think a person could make one from a flat sheet of good rubber, they would just need an original for a stencil?

Mine are in descent shape but this is probably what I will do. Taking off the drivers side to get the engine out I tore it a little. Although the TFS price is resonable if they are quality materials.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 02-10-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock