Small GT chin spoiler by racingfortheson
Started on: 02-07-2014 01:46 PM
Replies: 11 (573 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 02-08-2014 06:56 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I'm going to lower my 86 GT 1-1.5 inches just to get it to get my 17" wheels to sit right. I want to add a chin spoiler but the ones I have found look to low for the roads and drive ways here in East Texas. Fiberglass would just get raped around here. I see it all the time with euro cars and busted body kits, lol. So and body know how to make one or get one without spending $200+ for a little strip?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut the bottom half off a GT bumper and bolt it on upside down. It will flex when you hit stuff. I have it on my car and have hopped it over a curb and backed off of it without any problems besides paint loss. I'm on my phone so I can't post a picture, but I'm sure someone will.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chin spoiler on stock height cars will get dinged up. A flexible one can be made from another aero nose, cut at the seam and installed "upside down". That will flex as you run over stuff, but will still get dinged up. The fiberglass one I installed on my 88 GT has been taken off and repainted three times. The 88 is at stock height and the nose still scrapes going in or out of driveways. You really have to watch out for parking lot concrete blocks.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see a few pics or a how to.
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine, yeah i know the paint, it sucks!!! Anyway here is how it looks, using a spare Aero nose and cutting it up and flipping it upside down, and even though it is flexible, if you lower your car (I cut 2 coils off the front srpings) and are not careful you can still mess it up, check the last pic, can you see where its cracked!!! Bottom pass side.

Few pics.

Front.

Side.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I have also heard of using a " Taurus" chin?? Any ideas on that?
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of mine:

I haven't heard of anything to do with a Taurus chin.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, y'alls look good. I don't have an extra bumper and there is no way I could cut up a good one. I will have to wait until I Ind a bad one or get info on Taurus chin
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that a fog light lower you cut? keep looking at that pic trying to see how you would of cut those holes and rolled the edges to look that good.

Originally posted by S-toon:

Here is mine, yeah i know the paint, it sucks!!! Anyway here is how it looks, using a spare Aero nose and cutting it up and flipping it upside down, and even though it is flexible, if you lower your car (I cut 2 coils off the front srpings) and are not careful you can still mess it up, check the last pic, can you see where its cracked!!! Bottom pass side.

Few pics.

Front.

Side.

jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean about Texas roads and speed bumps. Why not invest in a set of air assist shocks up front, for those awkward moments....

dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind its the rear reflector holes bonded onto the flipped lower.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to install backup sensors on the front for those parking blocks. They are available with a measuring device as well but in metric.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock