84 fiero 4 cyl 3800sc engine swap by adifferentlook
Started on: 02-07-2014 12:29 PM
Replies: 4 (322 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 02-07-2014 06:54 PM
adifferentlook

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adifferentlookSend a Private Message to adifferentlookEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to start wiring my engine up to the fiero . Is the 84 4cyl wiring different than the other fieros for wiring
i have a 4 speed manual tranny and my car is stretched. can i go by gmtuners diagram and make it work. ?

I am also confused about c203 and c500, where will the plug and and location after the swap.
Will i still use my factory computer from the fiero after i make the swap?

I understand all the sensors on the 3800sc will plug into the 3800sc's computer, but you have two plugs at the end for the computer(blue and clear)
and what wires go to plug connector off the 4cyl engine that i cut off.
I would appreciate any help
Thanks
Anthony
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! Don't cut any more connectors!

84 is different from other years, and if you don't know how it is different, get over to the Technical Discussion section and start asking questions. You are going to need some assistance.....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-07-2014).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by adifferentlook:

I am trying to start wiring my engine up to the fiero . Is the 84 4cyl wiring different than the other fieros for wiring
i have a 4 speed manual tranny and my car is stretched. can i go by gmtuners diagram and make it work. ?

I am also confused about c203 and c500, where will the plug and and location after the swap.
Will i still use my factory computer from the fiero after i make the swap?

I understand all the sensors on the 3800sc will plug into the 3800sc's computer, but you have two plugs at the end for the computer(blue and clear)
and what wires go to plug connector off the 4cyl engine that i cut off.
I would appreciate any help
Thanks
Anthony

I am in the middle of this swap myself in my 86 SE.

First of all, you WILL need a new ECM (computer) for this engine.
This guy is a member on the forum, and he can program it for whatever you want.
I had him program mine for:
EGR Delete
BBV Delete
EVAP Delete
No #2 O2 Sensor

Just a thought for you.

The C500 plug is the part of that harness that plugs into the same area as the taillights near the battery, the rear passenger wheel weel, idk what those wires are exactly
The C203 plug I believe runs to the instrument panel, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it connects under the center console near the computer.
I bought my harness of of Dave Vriesinga here on the forum, he is a really good guy and will help you with any questions you have. He made the harness he sold me and it is great quality, nothing but good things to say about it.

In terms of "and what wires go to plug connector off the 4cyl engine that i cut off."
I don't really know what you mean here, if you could elaborate/clarify...

Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 02-07-2014).]

adifferentlook

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adifferentlookSend a Private Message to adifferentlookEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys , do you have a website or number for Dave
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by adifferentlook:

Thanks guys , do you have a website or number for Dave

I'll do you one better, I'll PM you his email.
I don't know how he would feel about me broadcasting his email address for everyone.
Just let him know what you need, I'm sure he can help out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock