Seatbelt mechanism cover in stainless steel by 87GT2M6
Started on: 02-05-2014 12:42 PM
Replies: 30 (1100 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 09-19-2016 03:42 PM
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find out how many of us would be interested in having the seatbelt mech in stainless steel.

Please chime in with your thoughts.

I know of only one person that could make this happen, but it can only happen if enough people would want this.

I for one would love it. I've purchased some of the plastic ones in the past and they just don't last.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which portion of the seat belt mechanism are you interested in making SS? Male or female end, cover, internal mechanism, or something else?

Nelson
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you talking about the piece that is on the side by the lever I would be interested but I would need a lot more info like price, pictures and how long till we seen a finished product.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it would be this part (both sides) only in steel not plastic:

I would believe it would run double the price if not a bit more, I'll be glad to pay that much as continuing to purchase the plastic ones will
reach and surpass the price of a steel one in my case if I buy one more set of the plastic ones which I'm not.

before production can start we need high numbers of people willing to commit to a purchase. Once we have a good amount of interest then I'll contact
the person and see if its worth his time and effort to do so.

This is just an idea I had and wanted to see if I can make it happen. Worst case no one or too few people interested then I guess I'll have to pay a huge amount to have only one made or not ever see this to fruition.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 02-05-2014).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for a few sets...I always hated that a part that was so vulnerable was made out of plastic.

....need to do the one that covers the hing part of the seat (toward the back) that is made out of the same plastic and gets pop'd (broke) more often than not over the years
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So around $70? I need a set.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could get them for around $70 per set I could potentially use a couple of sets for my 87 cars.

Nelson
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd use this product.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd get a set if they look good.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK... So when are they going to be finished? lol
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a set left & right............if price is only double...

Mike Parker
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
need more people to make this happen, tell everyone you know with a fiero about this thread and lets make it happen.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this sounds interesting, I'd be down for a set. I hate the cheap plastic ones they keep getting all jacked up.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one set. Let me know when the are ready to go!

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got good news, the person going to be making these is pursuing it and at the moment figuring out the best way to make them.
We still need more people to chime in and let us know if you interested in the product. Quantity may affect final price which is to be determined.
stay tuned....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take 4 sets.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still in.....................

Mike Parker
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a set.
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is still in the works. I was hopping for it to be ready for the Daytona event but because of circumstances beyond our control
it can't happen. On a positive note sit back and relax with the knowledge it is being worked on.

Also keep the thread alive just to make sure we reach everyone that does not know this is in the works.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be in as well !

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in on a set.
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Project still alive and kicking.

Keep the interest up !

vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this still in the drawing board?
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found this thread, and I really like the idea. But I do hope a lot of thought has gone into why the plastic ones break, so that a slight redesign takes place rather than attempting a near exact replica.
I have recently recovered my seats in my 86 GT with Mr. Mike's. Now, granted, the installation involves extra padding, but the end result actually lifts you up when you sit. My 87 GT has factory undamaged seat covers and the sheer difference in height is really noticeable. After 30 years, factory seats have definitely lost some of their comfort and original height. This seems to promote much more contact with the seat belt Mechanism. Getting in and out of the 87 with original seats is mostly impossible without bumping that plastic part. But my new seats, which adorn the fiero store's replacement seatbelt Mechanism, never seem to get touched.
In the end, I would hope this idea spawns a shorter product, if possible. Primarily because stainless steel can hurt a lot more than plastic, and is more likely to cut, be it my rear end, or the seatbelt itself.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to wonder after 3 and 1/2 years with no updates.....
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha totally missed the date of '14
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I ever get around to it, I could generate a file that could be 3d printed in a nylon or petg and would last much longer.
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting with bated breath. The metal could be covered with foam back leatherette to cut back on possible body injury.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

If I ever get around to it, I could generate a file that could be 3d printed in a nylon or petg and would last much longer.

Personally, I would like to see this rather than the Stainless cover. Stainless Steel just does not see like it would go with the Fiero interior at all.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a couple of years of talk, we must accept the fact that talk is all that there is. Right now you can get good repros from the Fiero Store

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my fix for the seat belt cover... if you have a broken tab: http://www.mrmikes.com/fier...stions.htm#sidecover
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock