Two awesome surprises! by David Hambleton
Started on: 02-01-2014 08:35 PM
Replies: 0 (301 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 02-01-2014 08:35 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pick & pull yard in the ad is about 30 mins away, so I decided to check for a few things that I might use on my '84 & '86.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-...t-W0QQAdIdZ547466701

I've been hoping to find a brown striped 'Placid Pallex' seat for the '84 SE but it seemed unlikely. I'd prefer to keep it stock looking, but other seats would be better than the current mis-match, so I thought I'd see what the 1985 seats were like.

Surprise #1: As I approached the '1985 factory original' car, I saw brown striped 'Placid Pallex' seats! (Only offered on '84 SE).
It also has the 1984 sail panels, & the LH & RH vent handles by the console so I looked at the VIN 1G2AF37R6EP301108 & sure enough it's a 1984 SE.

Although the cloth looked intact, the seats were filthy. Rust, grime & dirt made the seat cushions almost black. The driver's left bolster was worn off, but for $30 I got the passenger side seat (fearing it wouldn't come clean).

Surprise #2: A local car detailer applied the strongest dirt busting stuff he has & the results are shown below.

I also got the radio surround bezel, the headlight motors (still riveted together) for spares, & the floor mats which cleaned up too.

Based on that, I might go back for another look at the drivers seat bottom cushion & the dash & ...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 02-16-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock