GT taillights information on custom by IIKool
Started on: 01-28-2014 01:04 PM
Replies: 4 (309 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 01-28-2014 08:21 PM
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for any information on. Taking out the Pontiac out the middle and any want to put the two of them together without a seam in the middle. And then I'm painting the whole thing. Has anyone every did this? What is the best epoxy to use. Did you use anything else, screws, bolts,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With how much GT taillight lenses can go for now I would not modify them. If you're wanting something custom, just buy a single panel and modify that. Someone in the mall is selling a single piece panel that you can do your own work on. You could buy that, do the custom work, then off-load your used taillight lenses and make nearly all the money back.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No,no, what I'm getting into is a complete custom setup, I know about most all solid panels. I just want to know if anyone has like epoxy the two panels. What did you use
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It depends what you are going to do with the finished product. If you are going to use it for a mold, epoxy will work fine. If you are going to use it on the car, you may run into some cracking issues. The plastic is brittle and the glue may hold just fine.....until you flex the lens. Then the lens may snap with the glue still attached. You really don't want to bolt them together because the tension of the nut and bolt could crack the piece. Also if you take the lens and look across the Pontiac, you will see that the word is actually raised so if you try to cover the Pontiac with paint, be aware that you will still see the Pontiac lettering "bumps". You can try to sand the bumps down but just don't run out of plastic and sand through the lens.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock