Started on: 01-25-2014 10:45 AM
Replies: 15 (980 views)
Last post by: Four_hundred_86 on 02-04-2014 09:58 PM
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few months back I picked up this Formula. It had no engine/trans. I parted my 87GT due to rust, so I used the parts to convert this from an auto to a stock v6/getrag combo.
A lot of my GT's parts will go to make this one nicer.
car has 12" brakes, Koni coil overs in the rear, all poly including engine and trans mounts. 17/18 wheels
Soon to be lowered, black carpets, 88GT leather seats and LOWERED in the front. Redundancy because it's essential.

First to guess who's car this used to be gets a dollar the next time I see you.
I also had an LS4 in the garage that will surpass the power of the engine that used to be installed in the car.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 01-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member Standard had a car that looks a lot like this one. So that ismy guess - Standard
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Not standard.

The wheels are different now. I'll dig up some pics when the PO had the car at the Dells.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was that Todd Weikal's car? (later Chris Coulter's)
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Was that Todd Weikal's car? (later Chris Coulter's)

I owe you a dollar next time I see you.

I got the car from Todd last summer. It sat with no drivetrain for a while. But I just got it running this past week and reinstalled the interior.
Now it sits waiting for brake parts to arrive. I'm looking forward to having an 88 again. He was rolling with 235's up front and the steering effort was lighter than my 87gt with significantly smaller 215's. I think he had 235/50r17s. It was a 26'' tall tire. I now have 215/45r17's.

Now if I can just get ahold of some koni's for the front. I think I have some "alternative" shocks that might work.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Todd had his 3800SC installed in that car it was quite a beast. Did you install the LS4? I just purchased an '88 GT with an LS4 swap and will be picking it up in a month or so. Can't wait to take it for my maiden cruise.

Dr. W.

P.S. If you run into Todd give him a punch in the arm for me He's a great guy and his wife is a great gal.
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen him since buying the car. But he's about 30 minutes away. I'll probably call him once the LS4 is going. See if he wants to take a run at her.

But no, it's not installed. I have the LS4 on the floor in the garage. I'm going to take a while on it, I only want to do it once(unless I add more power, cam/intake/turbo)

Todd is super nice. And for those who don't know him, he ran the FieroFarm in Missouri until Chris took over.
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Forum member Standard had a car that looks a lot like this one. So that ismy guess - Standard

That car is now located near SLC, Utah. A club member has it and is getting it on the road.

But, it's red and had gold wheels last time I saw it...
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
sorry that first one's so big. I just linked it from the NIFE website.
These are from Fierorama 2005. I find it ironic that I was at that show and probably walked by this car not knowing it would be mine almost 10 years later.

here's what I drove to the show. Not as nice.
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking great!!!

I put so many miles on that thing when it was the 3800sc auto, it was hard to tell from the pictures that is my old orange car, very happy to see it on the road again.

Todd never told me he sold the thing, I helped get it back to him from Kansas City, in a fun trip of flying to florida to get a fiero and driving it to todds and having his car delivered and trailing my new fiero home

Those wheels look good on that thing, and the whole set up looks like its turning out nice.

I need to come see Todd again, and get to see the old Orange car, I almost converted it to a 5 speed myself, pulled the 3800sc/auto to refresh, 5 speed swap and turbo, but ended up installing the drivetrain into another guys car instead.

Glad its on the road again. Had todd made any progress on his Handyman wagon when you were there?

Chris Coulter
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I love that car!
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sweet that the two prior owners posted on here.

I finally got the car tagged and insured today. First time really driving it.

I LOVE the 12 inch corvette brakes. I've had them before, but with crappy pads. I have raysbestos now. Not a performance pad, but a quality pad. I had the autozone duracraps before. World of difference.

I'm surprised by the power. Even though this is the same drivetrain I had in my GT. Probably feels fast because I've been driving my truck for so long.

I put a centerforce clutch in it since I had one laying around. Nothing special. Feels stock. which is what I expected.

The engine is all poly mounts. I like that. No play in the drivetrain. No noticeable vibration.

Now that it's on the road, I'll be putting together the LS4 drivetrain to drop in the back.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

That car is now located near SLC, Utah. A club member has it and is getting it on the road.

But, it's red and had gold wheels last time I saw it...

Yep. Forum member 'patch' bought it from me about 5 years ago. I bought the car from 'standard' and pretty much regretted it as soon as the money changed hands. I'm glad that 'patch' is fixing it up and is enjoying the car.

As for the gold wheels.....I wish I could get a set like that. They were my favorite part of the whole car.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of familiar names in this thread.
At first I was going to guess you got it from Tigger.
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember driving that car from kc to st Louis. Where it subsequently poured on us coming home. That coupled with some alternator belt issues turned the three hour drive into a six hour extravaganza of fun and insanity. I miss that poor old car nice to see it alive and still on the road.

------------------
Honestly, What is a "stock" Fiero?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock