Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My '88 is ON THE ROAD (thanks to this group)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My '88 is ON THE ROAD (thanks to this group) by notaguru
Started on: 01-24-2014 04:06 PM
Replies: 6 (200 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 01-24-2014 09:31 PM
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This '88GT has 40,090 miles on it now, of which 20 were in the past hour. It runs and goes and stops, and feels ok. After many years of storage in the sun, my jobs so far have included rotor/cap/wires/plugs, TPS, lube, fluids, brake-bleeding, fuel dump with new filter. It still needs:

...a paint job. Since I'm in San Diego, it can go to Baja where an excellent job can be done for $600 plus paint (which I'll bring).
...solving noise problems. There's a a loud ticking noise from the engine compartment. I checked, and it's NOT arcing. 50 years ago I would say "tappets", but in the Fiero?
...dew wipes. Ordered from Andrew! Of course, I'm really, REALLY excited about the installation task. Can't wait!
...an emergency brake that WORKS. Now that the car is registered, I can get it to a shop and put it on the lift.
...lots of work on some of the interior soft plastic - it warped over the years, leaving gaps between "soft" and "hard" plastic components. I think I can heat and reform the soft stuff, but wonder if there's a better solution.
...headliner. The original is pretty much destroyed.
...a fuel gauge that works. There's an open in the circuit, and it pegs right.
...adjustment of the anti-traffic levitation system.

Though I have the manual, this car would still be in limbo without help and advice from this excellent forum. Tomorrow, the car will attend a meeting held by the San Diego forum, and I'll bet some of the members can help me even further.

------------------
'88 GT "barn find" with 40,070 miles!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah, this place has helped me many times...

I heard there was a guy who created this forum, and is VERY thirsty...

Hope you enjoy your car for many years to come
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Glad this placed helped you out, it has helped me numerous times. For you ticking noise its more than likely your exhaust system. If it sounds kinda like a typewriter that is what it is. The front manifold likes to crack as well as the y pipe. Use a piece of rubber hose to isolate the area.
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he's thirsty, he must have finished the 6-pack of Grolsch that I sent him

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

yeah, this place has helped me many times...

I heard there was a guy who created this forum, and is VERY thirsty...

Hope you enjoy your car for many years to come

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notaguru:

If he's thirsty, he must have finished the 6-pack of Grolsch that I sent him

Cool. .

Even though it's named after him, it's easy to forget this place is one guy's devotion to our beloved two-seater.

Have you posted any pics of your car?

BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the manual you have is the same one I have then it's not very helpful! I just got mine back on the road as well and see new shocks and a brake job in my future. Even though it's like a street rod I had years ago as far as feel and sound I'm having a ton of fun driving it!
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notaguru:
...adjustment of the anti-traffic levitation system.

Trouble with the quadcopter option?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock