Exhaust manifold heat shield? by S-toon
Started on: 01-23-2014 09:58 AM
Replies: 3 (641 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 01-23-2014 04:51 PM
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of these, it seems to go on the firewall side, not on the car right now, and was wondering if there was also one for the other side?
not my pic, just one I found here on pff to show

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No only on the FW side. On the rear there is a shield on the Alt on the pre 88 models but that is all.
S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks! I wanted one so that I could clean it up real good and have it cover the ugly looking exhaust manifold. I got a spare set that I ported and welded and are ready to be put on, but I guess I will just modify the one I have to fit on that side. Yes it will just be for looks. Now I will see if I can find the heat shield that goes over the cross over pipe so that I can clean it up too and have it cover the ugly looking exhaust y pipe lol
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used header wrap instead. The pipes are stainless and I did not have any problem. The header wrap does a better job at keeping the heat in.

Arn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock