Started on: 01-22-2014 11:47 PM
Replies: 11 (627 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 01-25-2014 08:13 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondered if anybody else saw this today Wed. 1-22.

http://www.mecum.com/auctio...ottype=&startRow=201

Tried uploading a pic, but something's up with the puter...says it can't find PIP? Pics in the link though.

Got PIP reloaded, so here's a pic. Car looks familiar, didn't it belong to somebody in FL.?

Sold for $11,500

Sorry if it's been posted before, but it was supposed to be a "live" auction, and I did a search and found nothing about it.

Anyway, didn't seem like any of the cars were bringing near the money that they usually do at B/J, but there were some nice cars up on the block. They weren't all complete restorations either, there were some really nice ones that had mods done taking them away from "pristine" and "original", but the prices reflected that too.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 01-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that car went for $11,500 Then I think mine should be worth $20,000 and I still wouldn't sell it
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess the price isn't too far fetched, the body looks nicely done and finished and it does have an engine swap.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see Fieros getting some auction love.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the second try for this car. It was at the mecum Indy auction earlier this year and got up to $9,000 but reserve not met. Glad to see it bring decent money, it looks like its nicely done.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-23-2014).]

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fair price for the money that went into that car. Also glad it got some auction respect.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id say he got an EXCELLENT price. Id NEVER have paid half that for it. Even in mint condition.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's Kru's old car. He sold it a year or two ago and was asking 8K. Looks like the buyer made out pretty decent on the deal.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looed at the auction pictures and it appears to be a very nicely done V8 swap not like some of the homemade hack job swaps I have seen.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

I looed at the auction pictures and it appears to be a very nicely done V8 swap not like some of the homemade hack job swaps I have seen.

Its a 3800SC.

------------------
fieroguruperformance.com

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Id say he got an EXCELLENT price. Id NEVER have paid half that for it. Even in mint condition.

It's a lot nicer than anything you can buy new for 17K. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at mecum results I found some other interesting cars that surprised me

88 Nissan Pulsar for 6k
http://www.mecum.com/auctio...&lottype=&startRow=1

1970 Porsche 914 for $48,000
http://www.mecum.com/auctio...&lottype=&startRow=1

1983 300zx for 14k
http://www.mecum.com/auctio...ottype=&startRow=201

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-25-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: