Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Entire Fiero interior painted red (why?)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Entire Fiero interior painted red (why?) by RockDork
Started on: 01-21-2014 03:00 PM
Replies: 32 (1172 views)
Last post by: weaselbeak on 01-25-2014 03:01 AM
RockDork

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This car can be yours for only 15 grand!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...75&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that. I wonder if it comes with sunglasses? Nice looking work but....golly, that's a bunch of red!

Jonathan
RockDork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that price is more shocking than the interior!

Lotta wishful thinking on the sellers part.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speechless...not in a good way either!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HA! That's terrible!

Why go through all that effort to leave the cigarette lighter, radio, and HVAC controls the factory colors?

Edit: The exterior really isn't too bad after looking at the eBay ad, but that interior....

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-21-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He wanted it to match his trusty flashlight in the glove pocket area.
Hey a bonus is he didnt have to mask anything off.

Wont look so impressive when that paint starts flaking off.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-21-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To each their own....but ewwwww to me. Thats going to be a mess when it starts flaking off things like the shifter boot in chunks. To most people, thats a $4K car at most if it runs great.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-21-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked at a Camaro once that was "freshly painted, inside and out"...best part was that it was painted with a paintbrush...inside and out...
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it! Providing it was done with the propper prep and paint...it certainly is a unique interior! Not a fan of the matt on gloss exterior though.
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to like red.........but not any more
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the exterior paint job. But all that red in interior gross.
PFF
System Bot
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Horrible! Overspray, gave up went nuts with paint. Thats now a parts car, at least the parts that aren't RED

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yikes! This looks like what you get when you don't want to disassemble anything - like removing switches, bezels and vents etc.
So now, none of the switches will have any markings either.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am surprised - I actually like it. Would never do anything like it to mine. Reminds me of a 64 Impala with black exterior - red interior. Come to think of it lots of performance cars of that era were black with red. Perhaps it's an age thing. It sure will be a mess when it starts to wear.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YUCK! Maybe he had the car dipped!
It reminds me of the cheesy snap together models I used to build when I was a little kid and just put it together without painting anything so everything was the same color.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the exterior wasn't red also it may actually look pretty good. I'm a bit partial to white Corvettes with the red interior, and that's kind of the line I'm thinking of - maybe if the car were white and the interior red.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

If the exterior wasn't red also it may actually look pretty good. I'm a bit partial to white Corvettes with the red interior, and that's kind of the line I'm thinking of - maybe if the car were white and the interior red.

It'd still look awful. The Corvette and many other cars look good with red interiors, because everything is not covered in red spray paint. The plastics are molded red (if any of them are red) from the factory. The carpet is red from the factory. The seats are red from the factory. And there are enough things that aren't red, to break up the color. Like the 84 Indy having a mix of red, white, and grey.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM prototype convertible had red interior (but NOT everything was spray-bombed).

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-22-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:
GM prototype convertible had red interior (but NOT everything was spray-bombed).

That one is indeed quite nice, and not overdone, unlike the eBay ad.

The Corvettes, GTO, S-2000, Integra and Civic Type-R, Porsches, and several other OEM cars have had quite nice red based interiors over the years too.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 01-22-2014).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes me think of a 1:1 scale Fiero plastic model. All the parts are one color, and they didn't paint the interior at all...
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A grand for the car and 14 for all the paint used to spray the interior.

It does say in the description 'beautiful' so I guess it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And I'm not sure the painting everything inside red counts as a 'complete interior restoration' either!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my C4 Corvettes was pearl white with red seats, carpet and door panels. I even added red racing stripes. It was a little brite, but I thought it looked good. There was plenty of black trim to tone it down though. I couldnt stand driving it with everything end to end being red. Since he didnt tape anything off I can see, Ill go out on a limb and say he did very little prep...wiped off with a damp rag.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-23-2014).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could use a little black to match the exterior better, but I don't see what all complaints are with red? If the interior was completely black as are a lot of cars are or all boring-grey as most new cars, no one would have a problem. I think his main problem is that it's an early none-fastback GT, and an automatic. And where are the engine photos? IMO, $15k is way to high.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they missed a spot.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

Looks like they missed a spot.

Not sure what. Even the flashlight (?) in the map pocket is the SAME red.

GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Even the flashlight (?) in the map pocket is the SAME red.

I was thinking the same thing. It very well might be part of the "decor" now.

What I"m wondering, though, is how long that ignition lock cylinder is going to work (assuming it still does)? Not to mention, I'm sure anybody that actually drove that car as-is, could easily be caught "red-handed".

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-23-2014).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope that's just a Photoshop.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at that interior! It hurts my eyes...it burns! I...just can't believe someone would do that and LIKE IT. But, I disgress, to each there own.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hides the blood....
PFF
System Bot
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

hides the blood....

"Interior by Dexter..."

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

One of my C4 Corvettes was pearl white with red seats, carpet and door panels. I even added red racing stripes. It was a little brite, but I thought it looked good. There was plenty of black trim to tone it down though. I couldnt stand driving it with everything end to end being red. Since he didnt tape anything off I can see, Ill go out on a limb and say he did very little prep...wiped off with a damp rag.

I see one really nice piece of trim.......

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock