Started on: 01-20-2014 09:45 PM
Replies: 27 (992 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-30-2014 07:32 PM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this belong to anyone here? Bumperpad front-end notchback with an aero rear end, sitting all by itself a few hundred feet from the main gate

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellow paint on the sails, pretty distinguishable.
When you say at Tesla you mean Tesla motor company?
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RWDPLZ must be on TDY
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting! We need to put a contact card on it! Pokey's our fence guy . . . . . .

JC

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yellow paint on the sails, pretty distinguishable.
When you say at Tesla you mean Tesla motor company?

Yep, over by Gate 4. I'll see if I can get a better picture tomorrow. It's easier to see inside the fence.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe they're making an electric test car out of it
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope it isn't an electrical fire test!!

Jonathan

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it there all the time ? I work two exits down the road on Automall Pkwy. Have not seen that one before. Will try to stick a PFF flyer (and GGF) flyer on it when I get a chance.
Kit
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Is it there all the time ? I work two exits down the road on Automall Pkwy. Have not seen that one before. Will try to stick a PFF flyer (and GGF) flyer on it when I get a chance.
Kit

What are these flyers you speak of?

Jonathan

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF flyers here on the Forum . Was a template I printed and copied. Dont remember WHERE on here I got it though . Other flyer/cards I was referring to is our local Golden Gate Fiero club.
Kit
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Is it there all the time ? I work two exits down the road on Automall Pkwy.
Kit

It's been there all week, and doesn't look like it's moved in a while. This is only the second time I've been out here, last time was six months ago. Probably going to be coming out more often though.

Here it is from a better angle, from this morning.

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the license tag sticker current?

Jonathan
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run the tag.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got outbid on a salvage model s. I'm giving serious thought to putting an Aventador body on one. I really love their model s chassis. I had a high bid of $9,000 on a pretty badly damaged 2012 model s. The bidding went to $12,000 just an hour before the auction ended. I was the high bidder up until that point. I'm still a Fiero lover, but if I'm going to put that kind of money in an electric car it won't be a Fiero.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

It's been there all week, and doesn't look like it's moved in a while. This is only the second time I've been out here, last time was six months ago. Probably going to be coming out more often though.

RWDPLZ--If you're ever here on the third Tuesday of the month, come on over to Harry's Hofbrau in Redwood City at 6:30 to our monthly meeting. It would be great to meet you!

JC

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to remember that. As cold as it is here, I'm hoping to visit much, MUCH more frequently.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My pet peeve is people who insist on casting their own shadow on whatever it is they're photographing.

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was too sunny! I noticed it while I was taking them.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I just got outbid on a salvage model s. I'm giving serious thought to putting an Aventador body on one. I really love their model s chassis. I had a high bid of $9,000 on a pretty badly damaged 2012 model s. The bidding went to $12,000 just an hour before the auction ended. I was the high bidder up until that point. I'm still a Fiero lover, but if I'm going to put that kind of money in an electric car it won't be a Fiero.

You gotta just watch the auction then pop in your top price when a few seconds are left
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well.... move then!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just stand back and use your zoom.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Just stand back and use your zoom.

...or stand off to one side or the other, or squat down and aim up.

It ain't rocket science.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shouldn't you all be glad he went to the effort to take pictures, rather than complaining about his shadow?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Michigan, (where RWDPLZ usually is) seeing your shadow in January is always a GOOD thing... very rare, and any time you can document it, you do. About this time of year, Michiganders try to go somewhere sunny and when they get there, they admire their own shadow. I live next to Lake Michigan, and saw my shadow yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. The lakes are giant steam generators this time of year.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-30-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Shouldn't you all be glad he went to the effort to take pictures, rather than complaining about his shadow?

We certainly appreciate that pictures were taken, and it was pointed out in a good-natured manner how to take better pictures. Seems like a win-win situation for everyone.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36403 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Gall757:

In Michigan, (where RWDPLZ usually is) seeing your shadow in January is always a GOOD thing... very rare, and any time you can document it, you do.

Rather interesting, especially when it's a BAD thing for a groundhog to see its shadow on February 2nd.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-30-2014).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Rather interesting, especially when it's a BAD thing for a groundhog to see its shadow on February 2nd.

Actually, it's the opposite.
via wiki

According to Groundhog Day organizers, the rodents' forecasts are accurate 75% to 90% of the time.[113] However, a Canadian study for 13 cities in the past 30 to 40 years found that the weather patterns predicted on Groundhog Day were only 37% accurate over that time period—a value not significant compared to the 33% that could occur by chance.[113][dubious – discuss] According to the StormFax Weather Almanac and records kept since 1887, Punxsutawney Phil's weather predictions have been correct 39% of the time.[114] The National Climatic Data Center has described the forecasts as "on average, inaccurate" and stated that "The groundhog has shown no talent for predicting the arrival of spring, especially in recent years."[115]

So think in reverse. If he sees his shadow, spring will come early.

Imbolc was traditionally a time of weather divination, and the old tradition of watching to see if serpents or badgers came from their winter dens may be a forerunner to the North American Groundhog Day. A Scottish Gaelic proverb about the day is:

Thig an nathair as an toll

Là donn Brìde,
Ged robh trì troighean dhen t-sneachd
Air leac an làir.
"The serpent will come from the hole
On the brown Day of Bríde,
Though there should be three feet of snow
On the flat surface of the ground." [22]

Imbolc was believed to be when the Cailleach—the divine hag of Gaelic tradition—gathers her firewood for the rest of the winter. Legend has it that if she wishes to make the winter last a good while longer, she will make sure the weather on Imbolc is bright and sunny, so she can gather plenty of firewood. Therefore, people would be relieved if Imbolc is a day of foul weather, as it means the Cailleach is asleep and winter is almost over.[23] At Imbolc on the Isle of Man, where she is known as Caillagh ny Groamagh, the Cailleach is said to take the form of a gigantic bird carrying sticks in her beak.[23]
Neopaganism

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 01-30-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Actually, it's the opposite.

So think in reverse. If he sees his shadow, spring will come early.

No, no, no...I don't think so! Gotta follow the tradition.

From HERE:

Legend has it that should the animal emerge and see its shadow, this indicates six more weeks of bad weather. After seeing its shadow, the groundhog returns to continue hibernating. If for whatever reason the groundhog’s shadow is not visible, the animal takes it as a sign of early spring. This also means that winter is pretty much over.

I see what you're saying, but the odds will favor the groundhog's prediction eventually.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-30-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock