Before you install your new dew wipes by jon m
Started on: 01-19-2014 06:00 AM
Replies: 2 (631 views)
Last post by: jon m on 01-19-2014 01:22 PM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - I installed my dew wipes from stu a while back and found that lately I have scratches near to the rear of the door glass where there is a pad attached to the dew wipe.

Before I continue I will point out that there is No fault with stu's dew wipe as everybody on here who has bought from him know they are top notch.

It has been said on the forum on previous threads that the pads need a clean now and again to remove any dirt/dust.

what I found yesterday when I went to clean the pads up was - the bottom part of the door glass which doesn't get exposed above the dew wipe line had got totally grimed up over the years because you cant reach that area when you wash the car.

it is this area that comes into contact with the pads which is then transferred to the pads and the dirt gets built up then scratches the rest of the glass for you to see.

basically give the door glass a good clean before you fit your dew wipes - it is a little bit awkward to get to the lower part of the glass but worth doing.

just a heads up

jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 01-19-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a good observation. Of all the dew wipes I've replaced, I never noticed. Maybe an old toothbrush and a little soapy water while the dew wipe is out, or while the inner panel is off, reach inside the door and at least wipe the area in line with where the pad makes contact?
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what you will find is a layer of grime on the glass running from front to rear - I used a clean soapy rag to clean the bottom edge of the glass all the way along and a tooth brush to bring the pads back to life

jon

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock