Started on: 01-16-2014 10:30 PM
Replies: 8 (276 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-19-2014 07:23 AM
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally! I'm back in the Fiero game. I purchased this 1988 Fiero Formula with a 4.9 swapped in from blackrams (a great guy by the way)

She has been sitting for a little while, so I am going to go through it (oil change, drain the fuel, and flush all other fluids) I also have a new set of wheels and tires to go on her, I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow along with the oil change and draining the fuel. Hopefully one day I can give her a paint job, although I can't decide on a color.

I can't wait to get her back on the road, its going to be a super fun Fiero.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 01-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
McTamney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels. I want those.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those real mecham side scoops? Bring that baby down to Daytona and show it off.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Are those real mecham side scoops? Bring that baby down to Daytona and show it off.

Yup, they are real Mecham scoops. I wish I could go down to Daytona.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are going to sell the wheels I would like them for my Indy! Those are tasty!!!!
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my new wheels and tires on today. Now she needs to be lowered.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 01-17-2014).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta be honest, I felt a swelling in my chest when I was leaving her with Craig. I've owned her for a long time. She was special but, I'm sure Craig will treat her right.

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

If you are going to sell the wheels I would like them for my Indy! Those are tasty!!!!

How bad do you want them, I've got at least two sets sitting up in my attic.
Both are 16". One set is 7" width for the front and 8" in the rear. The other set is 8" front and 10" rear.

Told Craig that I wanted to be first in line when he sold those.

Edited: Craig, be sure to let 88 Database Guy know you're the new owner of that Formula. He tracks that stuff.

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-18-2014).]

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I gotta be honest, I felt a swelling in my chest when I was leaving her with Craig. I've owned her for a long time. She was special but, I'm sure Craig will treat her right.

How bad do you want them, I've got at least two sets sitting up in my attic.
Both are 16". One set is 7" width for the front and 8" in the rear. The other set is 8" front and 10" rear.

Told Craig that I wanted to be first in line when he sold those.

She is in good hands Ron. She breathed life today, she runs alright, a tune up is in order and I may throw in some rebuilt Bosch Type III injectors while I am in there. You are first in line for the wheels Ron, I am still trying to come up with a price though. I can't seem to find past sales on these wheels anywhere. Did these wheels come in a dull aluminum color?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

She is in good hands Ron. She breathed life today, she runs alright, a tune up is in order and I may throw in some rebuilt Bosch Type III injectors while I am in there. You are first in line for the wheels Ron, I am still trying to come up with a price though. I can't seem to find past sales on these wheels anywhere. Did these wheels come in a dull aluminum color?

Craig,
I'm glad she isn't giving you any troubles. She was a fine ride and did turn heads at one time. I'm sure she will again. Those wheels need a good cleaning and polishing. They should be a highly polished bright aluminum. IMHO, they are beautiful when polished up but, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. She didn't get much attention while my daughter drove her back and forth to college and absolutely none since she was parked a few years ago. As far as value on the wheels, it's somewhere between asking price and what the buyer is willing to pay. Honestly, those wheels are kind of rare and hard to find today. Wish I could be more helpful but, it is what it is. I honestly don't have a clue.

Edited: Oh yeah, just remembered one other item I forgot to tell you about. Pretty sure that Formula has one of V8 Archie's 4 Core Radiators installed in it. Check it out. As I said, I'm pretty sure about that but, I could be wrong. Too many cars and too much time has passed. Best wishes with your new ride.

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-19-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock