Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Wanted a corvette but ended up with a fiero????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wanted a corvette but ended up with a fiero???? by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 01-15-2014 11:49 PM
Replies: 30 (893 views)
Last post by: ltlfrari on 01-19-2014 01:02 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That actually looks pretty good. Way better than the kit that makes the Fiero look like a 3rd gen Corvette. If you like the Corvette looks but don't have C6 cash this kit would be a fair compromise.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cool,wished he had more picts.....
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it too. A lot.

Wish I could see it without that spoiler and from more angles. Looks like a tremendous amount of work has gone into the body.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make it go fast and its more like what a vette should be
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind a neat. I call it a PoorVette
bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That seems like a really cheap price... kinda makes me want to bid haha
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cool!

Jonathan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some reason he didnt include any details other that "fully running" and as it appears in pics?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sez the "kit" is only $1000.00. May have to contact for more details. Do you think the vette guys would be as pizzed with a fake kit vette as the Ferrari guys are with fiero based ferrari kits?
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the seller purchased most of the C6 panels and then adapted them to the fiero chassis. Doesn't look too bad, but probably would be better with a notchie and a glass hatch.

There are quite a few people putting the C6 panels on C4's and C5's... so why not a Fiero...

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-16-2014).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope it comes with that 2x4 used to prop the wing up...
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good start on a madcurl type project. I've seen lots worse.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Good start on a madcurl type project. I've seen lots worse.

Yea, I thought of Madcurl front when I saw it too.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason when I look at it, all I see is a Fiero with strange body panels...really didn't see a Corvette there...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like a 20 foot car to me, zoom in and there is a lot wrong with it.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I hope it comes with that 2x4 used to prop the wing up...

You mean that 100% stock Fiero wing?

But I guess if you are going for the Corvette looks then you should lose the Fiero wing.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better than "I wanted a car and got a computer"
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tend to agree with most.. I think it has potential! If the body has been done right,and doesn't fall apart and lines up well,$3k might be a good leaping point...
I know there was a(PISA??)kit available a while back that was a total knock-off of a 80's/90's Vette...

I hope someone here gets it!!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds pretty good.

I sent a question about the rest of the car to him,

"Looks nice! I apologize if i missed it, but is it a stock Fiero every where else, such as 2.8, 5 speed, interior, suspension, etc? How many miles? No rust on chassis? Everything works? Thanks!"

he responded:

"Yes , its stock fiero, I was planning to do a v8 swap or a supercharge 3800 v6 , but had no time , I gotta move , I lost my home , but yeah no rust , it runs great , 250k miles but rebuilt motor ,everthing works fine, but air condition needs refill. "
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it too. Be sweet to have a Mid Engined Vette.
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there is a bunch of body work and fine details left to do. But that would just be part of it as long as it has been mounted well.

I agree it needs a hatchback on it, then decide about a wing or trunk spoiler. With a wide body on there we have another madcurl car....

For a cheap enough price that would be a fun project to have.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

For some reason when I look at it, all I see is a Fiero with strange body panels...really didn't see a Corvette there...

I'm thinking the same thing.
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would look great with a chop
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

I agree it needs a hatchback on it, then decide about a wing or trunk spoiler.

A hatchback with a split window!

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the front bumper. Zooming in shows a lot of work still needed to shape the panels better. Lines between door and front quauter at the top are out also. He covered the old panel looks like because the old intake is still there. I would have to see it in person to buy it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it looks pretty good too except the wing. Any fiberglass kit needs lots of fitting work. It would make a much better looking convertible. Also needs some wheels that set into the openings instead of sticking out like gangsta's. Wonder if they would let you into an all Corvette show. I got my V8 car into one after I opened the hood and showed them the Corvette engine. They werent gonna let me in with my Corvette club. They do let the other kit Corvettes in like Year Ones '61 model, or the one that makes a C5 into a '53.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you swapped in a V-8, I'd be too embarrassed to drive it. Looks cool and cheaper than an actual C6. For his BIN price, you can drive a decent C4 that would out perform it. Damn good price on kit.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could live with a V6 in it for reliabilty. I dont need a street race car. C3 Corvettes some years had as little as 140 hp (same as Fiero v6)
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One does not 'end up with a Fiero", one chooses it as a superior vehicle that was before it's time.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay