Started on: 01-15-2014 07:13 PM
Replies: 29 (763 views)
Last post by: Sage on 01-23-2014 11:15 AM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Hagerty and here is one of the latest news letters. Rick B

http://www.hagerty.com/arti...%20News%2001-15-2014
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the same article as mentioned on Fox a couple weeks ago.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see this before posting the same thing in OT.

Cliff, feel free to delete the OT thread.

I have Hagerty on my 88GT and my Vette (81'). GT is actually insured for more than the Vette! Agreed on value for GT $10,000 cost is around $380/yr. for both. Unlimited mileage, just can't be DD, DOES have to be garage kept and includes a 200 mi. tow if needed. Down side to me is that you have to have another vehicle registered for each one you have covered with them. Still a better deal for absolute full coverage and agreed on value than others I checked out.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 01-16-2014).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of PFF's are insured with Hagerty or some other custom insurance?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

How many of PFF's are insured with Hagerty or some other custom insurance?

Grundy for me.
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using Hagerty.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the valuation data on their website was interesting.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily driver 86 GT. Liberty Mutual full coverage with Better Car Replacement.

No conditions or restrictions. No garage storage, etc, etc.

Jonathan
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Canada but for what it's worth, my stock (but completely restored) '86 GT is insured under a program called Silver Wheels meant for classic, antique, and special interest cars. The program used to be underwritten by Aviva, but was taken over by Hagerty about a year ago. I pay an amazing $90 for 12 months coverage with $1M liability, and $100 deductibles on collision and comprehensive. The appraised (and therefore agreed) value is $12,500. It's the best policy I've ever seen.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Daily driver 86 GT. Liberty Mutual full coverage with Better Car Replacement.

No conditions or restrictions. No garage storage, etc, etc.

Jonathan

That sounds interesting. How much per month and how much deductible?
Full coverage in what amount? Do you get to decide what a better car is?
Tinkrr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkrrSend a Private Message to TinkrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 GT is insured with Haggerty/Silver Wheels.
Ontario pays higher insurance rates than Nova Scotia.
Unlike Bloozeberry I pay a whopping $100.00 per year for the same coverage.

It's the best deal I've run across.

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

That sounds interesting. How much per month and how much deductible?
Full coverage in what amount? Do you get to decide what a better car is?

Better Car means one year newer and ten thousand miles less.

Jonathan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Better Car means one year newer and ten thousand miles less.

Jonathan

Any comment on the other questions?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any comment on the other questions?

You can read all the details about his insurance policy here: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090935.html

(Edit to add: I see you were a participant in the thread as well so you should remember it)

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-16-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blooz, thanks for adding the link. I'm not as good when I'm surfing on my phone. My payment is $43 monthly.

Jonathan
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grundy for my '86 DGP widebody and Hagerty for my stock '86 SE. Both companies offered very reasonable rates with similar coverage and restrictions.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had Hagerty for a couple of years. Found a local company that offered better benefits at a less expensive price. Hagerty kept increasing the premiums every year by >10%.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Had Hagerty for a couple of years. Found a local company that offered better benefits at a less expensive price. Hagerty kept increasing the premiums every year by >10%.

I have been lucky as they have not changed my rate much in 7 years for the original DGP car. I pay $238.00 a year for full coverage year round. That was a big reason I bought it. If something happens during the winter I am still covered. many skip winter but my luck my barn would burn down. Rick B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:
You can read all the details about his insurance policy here: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090935.html

(Edit to add: I see you were a participant in the thread as well so you should remember it)

I do remember, I dont think any pmt amts were listed in that thread either.

I am just comparing things to my situation, for me I'm better off with Grundy because that $43 per month is about what I pay for 6 months, I do have to garage it when at home which I have, and should not "daily" drive it, but I dont so that works for my situation. I have no deductible. No mileage limit. They also include a few hundred dollars insurance for spare parts, tow, etc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

Grundy for my '86 DGP widebody and Hagerty for my stock '86 SE. Both companies offered very reasonable rates with similar coverage and restrictions.

What caused you to use one insurance for each instead of both with the same company? Sort of diversifying?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blooz, thanks for adding the link. I'm not as good when I'm surfing on my phone. My payment is $43 monthly.

Jonathan

Thought I should add that this is a single vehicle policy. My other vehicles, home, health, and life, are all with other companies. There is also a teenage driver in my house. Not sure how low the premium could be with multi-policy discounts and adults only in the house. My policy does include towing.

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What caused you to use one insurance for each instead of both with the same company? Sort of diversifying?

Exactly...the premiums were very close for nearly the same coverage, so I thought I'd try them both. I've had Grundy
for many years (also have my Vette with them) no issues, but never have made a claim either! That's the real gauge
of your insurance company! .

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never liked the restrictions Hagerty and Grundy had if you chose them. On my Ferrari kit, Grundy flat said they didnt insure them period. I just got State Farms Classic Car coverage...apparently not available everywhere. On my SuperBee, it was fully covered with $500 deductible collision, for an agreed value of $30,000 for a little over $100 @ year. It also covered up to $1000 in spare parts I kept at home. Had tow coverage I believe up to 100 miles. Only restriction was I had to have a regular driver car insured with them too. I got discounts for mulitiple cars, clean record, no accidents, a home policy w/ alarm system.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-18-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of these generic "motherhood" statements mean anything to anyone unless you post what coverage and what deductibles you have, and what your premium is.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:
I have been lucky as they have not changed my rate much in 7 years for the original DGP car. I pay $238.00 a year for full coverage year round. That was a big reason I bought it. If something happens during the winter I am still covered. many skip winter but my luck my barn would burn down. Rick B

All the Corvette people I know drop their coverages in winter EXCEPT their comprehensive. That covers any damage from storms, floods, thefts, etc. If you dont drive it, paying for liability and collision is a waste of money. Personally, I just keep everything fully insured all year so I can drive anything, anytime I want.

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Didn't see this before posting the same thing in OT.

Cliff, feel free to delete the OT thread.

I have Hagerty on my 88GT and my Vette (81'). GT is actually insured for more than the Vette! Agreed on value for GT $10,000 cost is around $380/yr. for both. Unlimited mileage, just can't be DD, DOES have to be garage kept and includes a 200 mi. tow if needed. Down side to me is that you have to have another vehicle registered for each one you have covered with them. Still a better deal for absolute full coverage and agreed on value than others I checked out.

HAGO!

I don't believe this criteria is true. I have three cars insured with Hagerty and only one late model car insured by traditional insurance company. You don't need a daily driver for each Hagerty car, just one. My agent is well aware of this and doesn't have this requirement. In case this is a state requirement, I cannot find anywhere in the Hagerty FAQ that mentions this restriction.

[This message has been edited by sricka01 (edited 01-20-2014).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sricka01:
I don't know if it's individual state, or agency policy either, but I do know that's what the lady on the phone told me. She also questioned me about the pictures of the cars I sent in being outside and having water on the cars....I explained to her that there wasn't room inside the garage to get comfortably around the cars, and it had rained while I had them outside! So maybe the agent I deal with is a little "nit-picky", I don't know...I just know I was getting full coverage, agreed on value and several other "extra's" for less than half of what it would cost me elsewhere. Wasn't a problem for me, as I have other vehicles, I did think it was rather excessive for a requirement though, as you can only drive one at a time anyway!

I've already paid up to next August, so maybe when renewal time rolls around again, I'll give em' a call and ask for specifics on that rule. Less restrictions/requirements makes it more attractive to me, glad you don't have to meet the need in your policy.

HAGO!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't like how Hagerty worked and how you never really talked to anyone other than email. I went with CHROME after meeting a rep at the Power Tour in 2012. Much better to be able to know who you are talking to and then also have reps that are local. My rate is $27 a month, no mileage restriction and it's insured at $30,000 agreed value per my appraisal.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

sricka01:
I don't know if it's individual state, or agency policy either, but I do know that's what the lady on the phone told me. She also questioned me about the pictures of the cars I sent in being outside and having water on the cars....I explained to her that there wasn't room inside the garage to get comfortably around the cars, and it had rained while I had them outside! So maybe the agent I deal with is a little "nit-picky", I don't know...I just know I was getting full coverage, agreed on value and several other "extra's" for less than half of what it would cost me elsewhere. Wasn't a problem for me, as I have other vehicles, I did think it was rather excessive for a requirement though, as you can only drive one at a time anyway!

I've already paid up to next August, so maybe when renewal time rolls around again, I'll give em' a call and ask for specifics on that rule. Less restrictions/requirements makes it more attractive to me, glad you don't have to meet the need in your policy.

HAGO!

You need a new agent. If you collect six cars that means you need to have twelve cars total?

Pulled from Hagerty website:
http://www.hagerty.com/Auto/vehicle_qualify.aspx
"Regular-use vehicles
All licensed household drivers must have a regular-use vehicle to use for daily driving. Applicants must also maintain regular-use insurance in his or her own name."
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sricka: That makes much more sense, and good to know info.

I'd wager the girl I talked to is no longer with the agency, or at least shouldn't be, in my estimation.

As I said, I didn't give it much more thought at the time, I have enough vehicles to cover, I have my daily driver (actually two counting my truck) and a dedicated vehicle fitted with a left foot gas pedal for my wife who's right side is paralyzed. My concern was getting the coverage after having had not much luck with Grundy. I also checked out State Farm locally, and their "classic" coverage didn't allow you to drive the car much, and the rates were not competitive IMO.

Anyway, glad to know that logic prevails and I thank you for taking the time to correct my misconception.

After seeing others rates here, I'm gonna have to talk to them anyway, as it seems mine are higher than what others have said they're paying. Still a great deal for me, as what I had with Progressive was outrageous, and was NOT full coverage, but basically, state minimum+comprehensive and was still more than 30% more than what I'm paying now for full coverage+the extra's.

Thanks again and HAGO!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock