F body dash swap by johnlp1994
Started on: 01-15-2014 12:55 AM
Replies: 11 (1182 views)
Last post by: fierogtlt1 on 01-20-2014 12:09 AM
johnlp1994

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a little help if someone can please. I'm in the middle of swapping in a 94 camaro dash and I'm wondering what did anyone whose done this before do to get the dash centered with the steering column? From the looks of it I need to bring the dash over another 1/4" to 1/2" but then the passenger side sticks out of the car. If anyone could help its would be greatly appreciated please and thank you also include pictures if you can
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-023174.html

When I did my GA dash swap, I moved the column over to center it. JScott may have done something different in the above link.

Bob
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to know how bowrapennocks did his? I'm basing most of the fitting off of his and from what I can tell he didn't move the steering column mounts, I'm not sure if he's still active on here or not though
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got the same issue with my Camry dash being just a little off center on the column. My plan is to use a newer column so I haven't addressed it yet. I looked at his thread and in one of the pictures you can see where the dash is off center. I've got an extra column mounting bracket if you wanted to experiment with cutting it to recenter the column. PM me if you're interested.
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But there's still somewhere else I need to trim I just can't figure it out yet, most people only show the drivers side of the dash and its tucked in as far as I can tell clears the door panels or just barely gets it while mine when I'm fitting it I can't close the door. So I'm thinking there's still somewhere I can trim to move it over another 1/4" at least . I'll probably stop out in the garage a little bit tonight and see what I can do with the mount I have for it though
Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i didn't relocate my steering shaft mounts either. Did you cut this?

(highlighted in yellow)
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

and on the dash i had to cut this section out and make a support (L) bracket for it.

i'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow some straight on pictures of the dash/shaft alignment and some underneath as well.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-023174.html

When I did my GA dash swap, I moved the column over to center it. JScott may have done something different in the above link.

Bob

As far as left to right my steering column was centered with the Firebird dash and I drove it with a stock column mount for over a year. Later I went back and raised the column to make it more attractive, but there was never a left right issue.
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilot Abileen:

i didn't relocate my steering shaft mounts either. Did you cut this?

(highlighted in yellow)
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

and on the dash i had to cut this section out and make a support (L) bracket for it.

i'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow some straight on pictures of the dash/shaft alignment and some underneath as well.

I've got the cuts taken care of in the first and second picture but on the top half of the dash right behind the air duct in the second picture is there some trimmed away? I'm doing a little more trimming tonight on getting it to scoot over a little more at a time. Also that would be great please and thank you on the other pictures

[This message has been edited by johnlp1994 (edited 01-15-2014).]

Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got my top left corner pic

the alignment i have

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLnfrzVfgA

i didnt keep the air vent to the passenger side...

[This message has been edited by Pilot Abileen (edited 01-19-2014).]

dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much, it looks great
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's starting to come along nicely.Can't wait to see the finished product.It has me wishing that I had my Pontiac G6 dash ready to install.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock