New to the Forum!! by MFord1993
Started on: 01-13-2014 10:28 PM
Replies: 17 (386 views)
Last post by: FieroTony on 01-15-2014 10:41 AM
MFord1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MFord1993Send a Private Message to MFord1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Pennock's!,
I tried to join a few years ago, but I needed the email from my internet provider. Well, I decided to try again with my yahoo, and here I am! A little about myself, My name is Marty, I'm 20 years old, on my last semester of my Associated of Applied Science for Automotive Technology. I've worked in the aftermarket auto parts business for 3 and a half years at Advance Auto Parts previously, and now at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Which is new to New England). I got the Fiero bug when I was 15, and have since have had 21 cars, of them, 12 have been Fieros.
A little about my current Fieros:
1984 Fiero SE 2.5 auto. saved that little guy from the crusher. I traded a junk 3000gt parts car for it. needs an intake manifold gasket, brakes all around, and has a mere 47,000 miles on the clock.
1985 Fiero GT 3.4 4 speed. Picked it up for 500 bucks with a 2.8 that had a bad timing chain, then bought a 3.4 for 200. Rebuilt the engine myself, and did the swap in a 1 car garage with another fiero in it as well. Been my daily driver, for the most part, since may.
1988 Fiero GT 2.8 auto. picked it up in amazing condition for $4000 with 87,000. Original silver car with power lumbar seat. hopefully going to do a 4.9/440t4 swap in the future. after the 3.4, the 2.8 is just unbearably slow in comparison.
1988 Fiero Currently no motor or trans. This was my second Fiero, and I've had it the longest. I restored the front end suspension completely, no shortcuts, last spring, and am currently in the midst of a 3800sc/getrag swap.
I probably wont buy many more (maybe an 87, the only year I haven't had), but at the moment, I have all 4 major body styles. Plus I am getting married soon....
As soon as I can I'll upload some pics. Most of the people I work with or are friends with dont like fieros, or think they're "Gay." It'll be nice talking to people that actually share my passion! Can't wait to post more about my projects and give and receive advice from everyone!

------------------
Current Vehicles;
1984 Fiero SE (Saved from Crusher, 47k original miles)
1985 Fiero GT "Red GT" (3.4 rebuilt from a 95 Camaro)
1988 Fiero "Black Fiero" (Mid 3800sc swap/ restoration)
1988 Fiero GT "The GT" (Original silver, currently winterized)
1989 Olds Cutlass Cierra "Grandpa"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE! Welcome

------------------
My Car - 87' GT 3800sc
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WELCOME!

Nice collection...can't wait to see pictures.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MFord1993:
..people I work with or are friends with dont like fieros,

Who cares what people who dont know what they are talking about think

Welcome aboard!
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me too!! brand new, but i don't have a fiero currently.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MFord1993, Welcome.

You should check out the New England Fiero Enthusiasts (NEFA). They're in your area and definitely share your passion. I'm surprised that with as many as you have, you've managed to fly under the radar for so long!

http://www.fieropride.com/indexnefa.php

There are also a few members from that club here on the forum. If they don't see this and you need contact info, let me know and I'll hook you up.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum madness! :-)

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Nice to see another Mainer on here. I am from Oxford, ME
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully you'll attend a NEFA activity in the future. NEFA members all enjoy anything Fiero related. Keep a eye on
www.fieropride.com for future activities. We would love to meet you.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes welcome to the madness!

I was going to ask if you were the guy on Rt. 4 just past the Auburn lake going towards Turner, but there's only 2 Fieros and they're in Auburn, lol..

I'm up in Maine minimum 2x year, and frequently hit up Gritty's on the Androscoggin. This summer I'm hoping and praying to get my Fiero up there, got a lot of work to do. Post some pics!!!
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOO- WHO!! A new PFF'er from Maine. Cool. Welcome to PFF. There are TONS of great people here. And a few wackos too!

BTW we are in Old Orchard Beach. Come on down this summer if you like. We can kick some tires and throw some Barbi on the shrimp.

And I say Eff you to Fiero haters. My Fiero is BA to me and that's all that matters.
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the fun there is a lot of great guy's & gal's on the fourm to talk to
MFord1993

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MFord1993Send a Private Message to MFord1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I'm definitely going to have to look into NEFA when i'm out of school. Full time school and 30 hours a week at work had really killed my social life. Couldn't keep me from Fieros though! I guess it looks like I have a reason to go to old orchard now.
As for the pictures, I couldn't get PIP to work. Firewall off, on, reinstalled, wont work. I'll dig into it sometime. For now, I have some off imageshack. Never posted a picture other than facebook, so heres a test.

My 88 coupe when it was my daily
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

MFord1993

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MFord1993Send a Private Message to MFord1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It worked!

88 GT surprisingly, I dont have many picture of the car. Really cont wait to pull out of storage

I had to

Right before I put here on the ground

Got the cradle out new years eve, with 20 minutes to spare. When the 3800sc swap is done, I'm going to line it up with my buddy Percy's 454 Fiero (He's on here somewhere, but I dont know his username). should be a good one.

Day I got the Red GT, also the day I found out that if you buy a car 2 weeks after you purpose, you should not tell her by showing her a picture of it in your driveway....

In the garage with my 88 coupe

Getting the 3.4 in!
Once it's done healing, I'll have to post a picture of my Fiero tattoo.
Definitely have a new appreciation for the folks who post tutorials here. This took waayyy longer than I thought it would!
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Marty it worked lol. nice . you def got some really nice cars im totally jealous. Glad you finally got to register
Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you finally made it Marty.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Plus I am getting married soon....

Day I got the Red GT, also the day I found out that if you buy a car 2 weeks after you purpose, you should not tell her by showing her a picture of it in your driveway....

And soon the Fiero's will start disappearing!!!

Welcome and good luck. It's refreshing to see some young blood that share's the passion. Better yet, not afraid of getting his hands greasy. Don't ask me about my daughters boyfried who's 20.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock