Watkins Glen by IMSA/GT
Started on: 01-12-2014 06:30 PM
Replies: 29 (841 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 04-15-2014 06:59 PM
IMSA/GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested in running a few laps for charity? http://www.theglen.com/Tick...Opening-Weekend.aspx
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I.m interested.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the Michigan boys will be over, already have my reservations made.

Jack

------------------
WARNING: Surgeon General said it's okay to smoke 3800s

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. Reservation made. See you guys there.

Great time last year. Hey Jack... love that 4.9L LS performance.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been planning on a road trip from Florida, but which hotel will be the "host" hotel?
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keven, it is LS3 performance. Hope the winter is treating you OK, I have been working on replacing the Sunroof gasket in the white car.

Jack
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This event used to be the last weekend in April. The last couple years, it has been creeping earlier and earlier into the month. This is NOT GOOD for weather related reasons, as the earlier in April we are, the colder and wetter the weather usually is.

April 12-13 probably has a rather low chance of being "nice" which is unfortunate. I love the Watkins Glen opening weekend.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fformula I really don't think the dates matter much to this group, they love to drive, especially on tracks. Last year it was cool out but the track was dry both Sat and Sun. For sure a foot of snow or a ice storm might effect the the trip.

Hi, Jack. All's well! Now that the cold spell is broken somewhat the garage work starts.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Duane, maybe we can talk @ HV about forming a southern convoy to the Glen? This turbo really comes alive with the cold mountain air @ the Glen.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn! I probably won't have my Fiero running by then.

Watkins Glen is only like a 2 hour drive for me....
Maybe next year!
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

Hey Duane, maybe we can talk @ HV about forming a southern convoy to the Glen? This turbo really comes alive with the cold mountain air @ the Glen.

Sounds like a plan! I'll bet it does! I can't wait to get out on the track again.
PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm rolling up from Florida with something

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

mderue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mderueSend a Private Message to mderueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates to this, like where in NY people will meet up? I am considering the 12th.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't look like I will make it this year:-(

IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still cruising to HV this sat?
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately no. My car is still up at Jon's. Our house hold is down to one car and my daughter has activities today. No cruising for me for awhile. It looks like I won't be at Watkins Glen for opening day either
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not going this early in April .... Going To go prob middle or end of May ... Still for charity and can go any weekend there is not something going on there

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like great weather at Watkins Glen this next weekend. Never took the fiero there before. Can't wait to drive the track! See ya!

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hardpact:

If you get something set up later on please let me know. I would love to come over again and run with the rest of you.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just had the car in for state inspec and asked them to double check items for the track. It isn't track ready for this weekend. So we'll look forward to next month weather permitting.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, looks like I'll have my car back tomorrow. Thanks Fiero Jon! I should be in Watkins Glen between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. Is anyone one staying over and going to the track on Sunday Morning?
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already here in Watkins Glen. Ready to hit the track tomorrow and Sunday. Looks like the weather is going to be the best it has been in the 5 years that I have been coming to Watkins Glen. 70 or so tomorrow, and close to 80 on Sunday. Who says the weather is going to be bad. Wrong!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a good time, guys (and gals)!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome day at the track today. Mid 70's and sunny. I actually got enough sun to turn a little bit pink. After the winter we have had this year the sun is great. Went on the track three times today. My wife and several others got a chance to ride with the pace car drivers and had a whole lot of fun. We actually met one of the pace car drivers in the bar last night and so with that chance connection it worked out for us to get going a little bit faster on the track. What fun.

Looking forward to tomorrow to go back and take three more attacks at the track. This is definitely the best weather that I have been able to participate in this event in the last 5 years.

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was there today, in a bright blue '87 GT if anyone saw me. I'm from the Rochester area, and those Michigan guys invited me on track in their run, which was first up. Got to go about 100mph on the straightaway!

[This message has been edited by huracan2015 (edited 04-13-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huracan - glad you had fun. Hope to see you there again.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A great weekend at The Glen. The pacers, Tony and Al, did a fantastic job giving us the best ride they could around the track. Straightaway speeds between 90 and 100mph and tires making noise through the corners. Driving hard was the standard. Many thanks as well to all the volunteers working the track.

Looking forward to next years opening weekend. If you haven't been there you need to give it a try, you will certainly have a good time. By the way, the Fieros gave the Camaros and Vettes a good run in the corners! They only get ahead on the straights, and that doesn't last long.

Glad to see you made it Dwayne!! Your new engine looked great, hope I didn't slow you down out there.

Thanks to the NYFOC for the warm local welcome! Very nice honor you gave Mad Mark at dinner Saturday. Look forward to seeing you guys again.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero I wanted to drive at the Glen had an issue when I backed it out of the garage, so I took my DD, an '06 HHR, not a car for a track even, but I got a photo of the car on the track. But I had fun driving up from Florida and seeing my NY friends. The HHR served a purpose for bringing some wine back to Florida as there is no room in small cars for big boxes. I started back today, leaving in 36 degree temperatures with heavy rain. An all day a rain event so far.

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/2285/ii65.jpg

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 04-18-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if Road Atlanta has a similar event? That is a really nice track too and would be fun to drive on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock