Started on: 01-11-2014 01:09 AM
Replies: 21 (930 views)
Last post by: tshark on 08-09-2014 03:43 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just clicked on the live chat link at the bottom of the page, and I had to sign up with an accountfor some third party to access it. I filled out as little info as possible, as it looked more like a dating site than a web chat for a car forum. (Are you single, can other non single people contact you ect ect..) After clicking on the link the email to verify, I clicked the chat link again and logged in. The rooms to choose from were "Single" "Flirting" and so forth, nothing to do with a Fiero chat in any way. Is this really the chat room for Pennocks, or is this an advertising link?

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I click on it I get a sign up thing for Spinchat. So if that's what you got then either we both have the same malware or it's the actual chat for the forum.
ZombiePenguin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just checked myself, ive got the spinchat thing too. weird
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, SpinChat, the same thing I am getting. I signed up, thinking that was what PFF used, till I got to the personal questions and skipped them all. I went back and opted out of all emails, then deleted my account. I hope that is a fluke, and not what the forum actually uses for the chat room!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears to be what is actually used by PFF.

However, the PFF live chat has been a solution hosted by someone else and simply embedded in a page on PFF for quite a long time now. It's very likely that the service that was being used, was simply bought by Spinchat AG, and all their assets were updated and integrated with the Spinchat service, at some point. This would result in the current sign-up and flirty chat experience.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the PFF chat uses Spinchat. It used to be you could just type in a nickname and join the fiero room. Now it looks like you have to manually join the room.

Login to spinchat.
At the top there is 4 tabs, Topics, People, Chat and Games
Just right of the Chat tab there is a computer screen Icon. Click on that
It opens a Command box
type
/join _fiero.nl

And you will be in the Fiero chat, used to be a 6-7 of us there regularly but I have been logging in lately and it is down to just me.
Join in and bs

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 01-25-2014).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
since the spin chat deal I have not been able to log in.... thanks for info Neb, I will register and give that a try..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
Northstar Rebuild

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to use it once in a while myself. Havent for many years though. Used to be nice for discussions back and forth between interested people instead of trying to do the same thing in the forum as it seems now, myself included.

I just registered again. I got to a blank page that says 'chat for fiero.nl is open ' .........do 2 have to be there to work ? I know when I was there years ago it was very slow working.

I typed this in the blank : _fiero.nl

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-26-2014).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The name of the room is _fiero.nl don't forget the underscore
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
_fiero.nl
same thing : _fiero.nl chat should now open ?

actually, tried a few other rooms and got the same thing. You supposed to wait for a chat page to open ?

Think I might see the problem, you have to have JAVA.

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gaffed up it's _Fiero.nl didn't use a capital F I just logged in myself
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope tried small and capital F. None of the other rooms work for me either.

it says to deactivate pop up blocker....ill try that

No luck. Oh well I lived without it for 10 years. I just dont feel like spending a few hours figuring it out.

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nebiros88 and I are there now but I think neb is a bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, not a bot. I just log in and do other stuff... sometimes I'm at my computer and sometimes I am not. Not used to anyone coming in so I don't pay a lot of attention to it anymore
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could always use AugWorld to chat about Fieros.

Takes under 5 minutes to install and set up an account...

http://augworld.com
conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got spin chat to work. empty room

augworld is just some kind of game/chat

[This message has been edited by conan469 (edited 01-27-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If cliff would like more traffic, perhaps an "on site" chat service would help? Maybe its a bandwidth sucker.
I always thought there wasnt much traffic in the chat(s).
conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
quite a few of the posts and replies on here turn into pissing matches on whose idea is better
maybe chat would amplify that into actual fights.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by conan469:

quite a few of the posts and replies on here turn into pissing matches on whose idea is better
maybe chat would amplify that into actual fights.

PvP chat?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by 2.5:

If cliff would like more traffic, perhaps an "on site" chat service would help? Maybe its a bandwidth sucker.
I always thought there wasnt much traffic in the chat(s).

It depends on how you do it. A simple IRC server won't each much bandwidth (and maybe the hosting service won't allow it). Serving java applets can eat a lot of bandwidth though (and opens a huge potential for security holes).
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, guys, but I'm not interested in chatting up other guys--especially on a personals site. LOL!

Seriously, it's hard to be serious about cars on a personals site. I can just see my log now...spoke with jim, bob, steve, george, ray, russ, etc. If my wife was going to find me on a personals site, I'd rather at least be chatting with girls--er, women.

Better than chat, we need to meet up more often. Not that I can drive to other states, but find others in our areas. Good bonding, working on cars. Chatting, not so much.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock