Im new, first post and i need a fiero. by Josh52894
Started on: 01-08-2014 03:02 PM
Replies: 12 (379 views)
Last post by: Josh52894 on 01-11-2014 08:09 PM
Josh52894

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys. brand new to the forum, ive been viewing for years but have never been able to join until now. my first car was a 85 auto four cylinder, second car was a 86 four cylinder five speed. the 86 overheated when the water pump went out and I was stupid enough to pour cold water in it, cracked the block in downtown Houston and had to sell it to the junkyard, shortly after I fell asleep behind the wheel of my 85 and hit a pole. I wanted to keep them but I was staying at an apartment complex going to school and working two jobs, (why I fell asleep in the first place). I bought a thunderbird quickly because I needed a car and now I drive my 99 crown vic witch had been my winter car. Im currently looking for a DD fiero any rusted POS will do. ive never posted before so forgive me if I rambled on a bit.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry, I think I forgot to mention im in phoenix currently im looking for something less than 1000.

[This message has been edited by Josh52894 (edited 01-08-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry, you may have trouble finding a rusted POS in Phoenix.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, I found a lot on craigslist theres a decent 85 with 206K on it but its 1200 and that is by far the cheapest. maybe if anyone has any spare parts cars around that have most of the drivetrain. I think the transmission is going out on my police car, it has 209k on a Wisconsin and Illinois driven winter car. if anyone has any projects, im happy to help on weekends, im always in the mood for learning from you guys, surfing this forum is practically how I got started in cars.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Josh52894:

thanks, I found a lot on craigslist theres a decent 85 with 206K on it but its 1200 and that is by far the cheapest. maybe if anyone has any spare parts cars around that have most of the drivetrain. I think the transmission is going out on my police car, it has 209k on a Wisconsin and Illinois driven winter car. if anyone has any projects, im happy to help on weekends, im always in the mood for learning from you guys, surfing this forum is practically how I got started in cars.

$1200 for an 85 with over 200k!? That seller is on some sort of psyotropic drugs. I think he has an extra 0 on the end to be honest.

I bought my 86 SE (only Fiero atm) in June, no motor, 68thousand miles, for $750 and some people will still tell you I overpayed, so..

Don't get ripped off
http://www.paulvargyas.com/Price%20Guide.htm
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try autotrader.com. Enter Pontiac Fiero. Range of search: any distance. You'll see what's out there, and what things are going for. If a Fiero is still drivable after 28 years, they will probably ask for more than your $1000. Good luck.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, ive been looking around, I found a few non running ones I want to look at. also I have a 2002 Seville for part out if anyone wants a 4.9
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. Welcome to the forum.
I lived in Vegas a few years ago and bought an 88 Formula in Phoenix for one thousand dollars. It barely ran but was rust free.

You could try the Las Vegas Fiero Club. They would know where ones at for a reasonable price.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great!! thank you, ill see if I can contact them that's pretty close to here, close enough at least.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! You'll like it here.

I don't know where you live (Houston, etc, etc) but if you buy in Sin City, you'll have to get the car home, wherever that is. I have a 3800SC/4T65e HD conversion that runs very well and has almost gone coast to coast with little problem. I dropped the price to $2000 back in September and it hasn't sold. I can't drive the car because my spine has been fused and I want to sell it. I will take $1800 for the car. That is a firm price.

The car spent most of its life in Southern Colorado and has no rust other than surface rust on the suspension. It runs very well and is fast but gets good mileage. I put a low mileage good transmission in it and the engine is also low mileage. I have put less than 10,000 miles on the engine since the conversion. I am an old man and not a fast driver (unless I want to cut off a smart aleck ricer) so the car hasn't been abused. It has new Rodney Dickman suspension parts--ball joints, tie rods, shocks, struts, etc, etc and I could go on and on.

Until this past summer, the car was a garage queen until I had to buy a bigger sedan so I could drive my wife to her chemotherapy. I can't drive her TrailBlazer with my bad back. If interested, send me a PM. I know the price is well above your budgeted amount but you'd be getting a finished, running car that is reliable and most of the work has been done.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive been on here every day since i was 16 reading posts and dreaming up builds. , i had minor setbacks such as crashing but.... i sent a pm.
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Patients my friend, patients. Don't just go buy one because it's the only one you can find in your price range. Save your money and wait for the one you want to come along. I recently found a 88 2m4 with 21,500 original miles on it for $500. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092781.html Sure it's a fixer upper as I can't get the damn thing to run (electrical gremlin) but I'm just saying that deals are out there. You just need to wait for the right one to come along. FYI, my formula that's in hibernation in the garage, I scored for $550 3 years ago. An 85 with over 200k for 1200...I wouldn't even bother going to look at it. Too bad you're not closer, there's one on CL now, a 88 2m4 with a bad water pump, asking 1k. I'm sure they could be talked down but .... Anyway be patient and you'll find your car.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-11-2014).]

Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my fierst one was 850 and my second I got for 300, of course I put more than that into it, both dukes. but that was Wisconsin and they were rusted and in bad condition. ive been searching craigslist in all the surrounding states and Im coming up with nothing under 1500. auto trader and ebay as well. I miss my fiero. im being patient.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock