Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone ever dye their Fiero seats ? Can it be done ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone ever dye their Fiero seats ? Can it be done ? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 01-05-2014 04:55 PM
Replies: 3 (178 views)
Last post by: NEVERDONE on 01-06-2014 11:13 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been to MANY PickNPulls over the years and I can tell you that there are far more grey interiors than tan. Consequently there are more "good " condition grey seats than tan. That being so, is there any way grey seats can be dyed? Maybe medium/dark brown or possibly black? I know it may be a silly question but maybe someone out there has actually tried to alter the factory seat color?
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to dye 25-30 year ols seat covers may be a wasted effort as the fabric is probably dried out and getting it off the seats in one piece also may present a problem. www.mrmikes.com does offer cloth interiors.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never tried to dye a cloth Fiero seat cover but did have some good luck dying leather after replacing a seat back/bolster section. This was on a Camero leather seat installed in a F308 rebody.

Nelson
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have dyed almost my entire interior black. I used the sem brand paint. Holds up great and super easy to use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock