Fiero car cover recommendations? by starlightcoupe
Started on: 01-03-2014 11:42 AM
Replies: 7 (247 views)
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 01-04-2014 03:43 PM
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until I can build a shed for my Fiero, truck and tractor, I need to store the Fiero outside. Currently, I use the car cover or my Grand Prix but being too long and wide, I have to tuck a lot of the cover under the rear of the car. Dogs, cats, skunks, coyotes, etc like to leave their "mark" on the tucked in part that sometimes blows out from the high winds we get at our elevation.

Since I do not seem to be able to sell the Fiero, I plan to drive it to a part time job I found and I'd use the cover to keep weather and sun off the car.

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced cover that will fit my '84 Notchie?

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 01-03-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Superweave from Calcarcover.com is the ONLY covers I buy. Very lightweight, diff colors, made to order specificly to fit your car and completely waterproof. Expect to pay $250. You tell them the year and make and what things you have like wings, spoilers etc and it fits only your car like a glove. Its elastic at the bottom and guarateed for 4 years. I suggest getting a couple of the hold down clips that just clamp on the edges if its that windy. Mine have stayed on in 70 mph winds.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered a tent? Cheap as a car cover......
Anchor it down real good.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/...03576742?N=bsteZb5t#

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Roger and Spoon. The cover better serves my needs because I can use it at home and at my part time job if the job materializes. I applied for a teaching job and it may or not happen. I'll know by the 15th.

Thanks for the tent/greenhouse idea, Spoon. I'd have to find a way to anchor it up here on this hill. I will show it to my wife because she badly wants a greenhouse and her garden is in the open while my Fiero is under a 60 foot tall Douglas fir. I can anchor it easier in the open than close to the house because of the rocky soil here at the house. We will eventually build a shed or building for our tractor, pickup and Fiero.

Thanks again, guys!

Richard
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some places wont let you leave up a tent. You can also carry a cover with you everywhere. The one I recommend folds up to the size of a briefcase/laptop, so you can stick it behind the seat.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Some places wont let you leave up a tent. You can also carry a cover with you everywhere. The one I recommend folds up to the size of a briefcase/laptop, so you can stick it behind the seat.

Roger, I'd only use a cover and not the portable tent. I think the tent is best suited for a more permanent solution but we will build a shed or building to hold all the vehicles we currently store outside including the Fiero, Chevy pickup and Kubota tractor. We can put up a tent on our land--we live in an unincorporated county on five acres.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here, there even getting pretty tough in VERY rural areas about zoning. Im in a city here, and they wouldnt let me put a plastic prebuilt 4' square shed up for the lawnmower. You cant park any kind of RV....camper, boat, utility trailer, ATV outside in a residential area. A friend had a lawn care company and he finally moved because they wouldnt let him park his pickups or trailers with mowers at his house...even if they were in the back yard. 50 miles out in the country, there not quite as bad, but you cant put up any permanent structure anywhere they can see it without permits. They call anything attached to the ground permanent. One friend that is way out there, had an awning on his patio from the house to posts. He took it down and put a roll up awning on the house because it wasnt attached at the ground....go figure.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After living in Texas, Colorado and now anti-everything Oregon, I am amazed at the differences in your state from where we have lived. We had CCRs in Houston but we could do anything we wanted to in East and Central Texas and the same in Colorado. We lived in Black Forest north of Colorado Springs and the developers had the county pass CCRs or they formed HOAs. Luckily, we found a five acre plot sandwiched between two horse ranches and they didn't care what we put up.

Oregon is totally different with regard to building permits. Our county is lenient while Lane County to the north wants a fee (tax) for everything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock