Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thinking about a group buy to save on shipping for a fiberglass headliner norcal

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thinking about a group buy to save on shipping for a fiberglass headliner norcal by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 01-02-2014 01:36 AM
Replies: 6 (296 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 01-06-2014 04:53 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking to see if anyone else in northern California would like to get together and purchase a fiberglass headliner from v8archie. He is asking $85 to ship 1 headliner hopefully the price will not change if say we order 4 headliners in the same box. that way the shipping would only cost each person 20 or so instead of 85. let me know if your interested before i approach archie. This is a money up front order as in money will needed to be provided from all parties before the order is made.

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 01-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping would probably go up. Larger box, spacing between liners, and weight differences. I would be contacting Archie before making promises, but good idea none the less to save some cash.

------------------

thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect that the high cost of shipping is due to "dimensional weight," which all the big carriers charge for. Once you get into packages that are slapped with dimensional weight penalties, you can add lots of weight and lots of dimension while barely affecting the bottom line.

When are you planning on making this order?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is dimensional weight.

The box is 42x36x6 & weighs 11 pounds.

I may be missing something but, I don't find anyplace on my website where it says $85.00 for shipping.

If you go to the headliner for sale on EBay & enter the Zip for Galt, CA it says $65.39 & that includes the $4.00 up charge for residential delivery.

The box would have to be a little longer & about 12" thick to pack 4 of them into.

So if you go with 44x36x12, the shipping rate goes up by $83.00 more.

Dimensional weight SUCKS!!!!!

Archie
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie yes dimensional weight does suck but if I find 4 people for headliners then with shipping we each pay 120 or so. that is better than 165 for 1 plus it has a better chance of not cracking in 1/2 in shipping.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3853 posts
Member since Sep 2001
looking at getting it together after the 15th of feb as i am heading out of town on a training class trip.
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, bummer. That is too soon for me. April or maybe March I could do, but I have a bunch of other winter car obligations. If by some miracle I manage to sell our Audi by the middle of next month (one of those obligations... needs a cat before I can sell it) I will let you know!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock