Fiero Prototype Emblems by Cokeologist
Started on: 01-01-2014 06:43 AM
Replies: 9 (697 views)
Last post by: Cokeologist on 01-01-2014 09:13 PM
Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone re-created the 3D Pegasus look and/or the Fiero wordmarks from these prototype emblems as computer graphic files? I would like to play around with creating these as decals but I don't have the skill to recreate the graphic elements. If anyone has large size graphics and would be willing to share, I would be very appreciative.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking to print these as decals or cut them out on a vinyl plotter? I can help but that affects how I design them

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 01-01-2014).]

Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Are you looking to print these as decals or cut them out on a vinyl plotter? I can help but that affects how I design them

Thanks very much for offering to help here!! I was planning to go the route of printing as decals as I didn't think cutting on a vinyl plotter could achieve the 3D effect of the Pegasus.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sure i could make a two color one like this:

but making the depth of the 3d is a bit out of my league. Maybe ask infinitewill, he knows a bit about photoshop.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To make a print of these close to even looking 3D you will need someone with art skills that can use color and shading for depth.

I have considered looking into a 3D printer some day. Scan it, print it then have a real plastic part. This would be a perfect option for this If you have access,
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
I have considered looking into a 3D printer some day. Scan it, print it then have a real plastic part. This would be a perfect option for this If you have access,

I work with many different forms of rapid prototyping, and I can tell you from experience that the 3D printers of today could not make a small part like the samples shown in the first post with the detail and resolution that those pictured parts have. You would be very disappointed in the parts that came out of any 3D printer.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to borrow the 89 emblem, make a soft silicone mold of it and recreate it in urethane resin. I know that someone on here owns it. Then I could create the rest of the backing plate using existing molds that I have from the GT emblem. I'd like to try to recreat it, hand paint the pegasus and word, and then clearcoat it in a flat finish.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-01-2014).]

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Molding could be done and it should be done as one piece. This way there is no need use the backing plate. The real ones are plastic all the way through.

The originals are done in a 2-3 step process and would be difficult to recreate so you would have to paint them to get all the colors.

Someone here years ago said the tooling was still at the MFG but since then the MFG is gone and who ever was dreaming big gave up.

As for someone loaning good luck. With so few of the originals around few people will just send them out. Also if you own one of the few the last thing you want is everyone to have one. It is not so much greed but the exclusiveness of having something no one else has real or not.

Also copies could affect values to a point. Keep in mind few have been sold since they were identified. Back when no one knew what they were they were selling for well under $20. A couple have changed hands and the coupes emblems have gone for over $150+ and the GT has sold for over $300+.

There were at least 125 made per the MFG for GM. Many have been tossed out and lost. We know of around Approx. 24 emblems out there in various color combinations. The GT emblem has only 3 know and possibly a 4th in the hands of a GM designer.

Note most were found on E bay all from sellers in MI. Of the 24 known about half of them walked out of GM. It is possible there may be more showing up but you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Many were found at Auto Swap meets in the Detroit area. This has always been a hot bed for rare parts that have walked away.

As rare parts go the emblems and a complete working power steering many be the rarest Fiero parts out there accept for some one off prototype parts like one of the plastic GT wheels. Add a complete set of original Luggage these are things that are becoming very difficult to find anymore. If you can buy any of them you had better do it as the opportunity may never come around the second time.

I know there is a full set of the plastic 16" GT wheels out there but I have not seen them in 8 years. The guy who had them was not so much a Fiero fan and I will pay him what he wants if I can ever find him again. I knew I should have made an offer the first time and the second time I saw them. I just hope they did not get trashed with the car.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

As for someone loaning good luck. With so few of the originals around few people will just send them out.

I know....but I can still hope
Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all of the interest in this thread

Just focusing back on the original request - I would like to see if I can print these as decals; I am not trying to create using a 3D printer, create molded emblems, or anything like that. I just want to print decals.

So - if anyone has or can recreate the Fiero wordmarks from the prototype emblems above, and can send to me via PM in png format I would be very grateful.

Also, if anyone has or can recreate the Pegasus design from the prototype emblems using shading to create the depth effects as in the originals, and can send to me via PM in png format, I would also be very grateful.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock