turbine/turbo quarter windows by johnlp1994
Started on: 12-31-2013 12:35 AM
Replies: 19 (1011 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-11-2014 10:51 AM
johnlp1994

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive searched on this thread found lots of topics but all of them older with dead links. is there anyone that still makes the quarter windows with the scoop and window?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately no one makes them with the windows any more.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you try the Fiero store, I have a set on my car and one of the glass blew out and I brought a pair of the glass lnsert from them
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Did you try the Fiero store, I have a set on my car and one of the glass blew out and I brought a pair of the glass lnsert from them

ya, ive looked through every catagory just incase it was in the wrong spot but i cant find anything not even on google :/
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnlp1994

109 posts
Member since Jul 2013
if theres no one left that makes them is there anyone that has done somewhat of a write up on how to make the lip as far is putting in your own window?
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted a set as well and found out they are no longer made. I know the ones without the window are. I was thinking of ways to recreate this and i came up with using either wood or foam to create a mold for vacuum forming the window, or heating plastic then forming it over the mold. Basically take the scoop cut it out trace the outline and carve out parts for the lip. Just a rough idea but i think it might work.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The windows are flat. Get a pieceof plexiglass and cut it like the one in the pic above.
OR
I always wondered IF the new mustang's would fit??? either the vent or fins. Since you would have a blank panel (scoop without window) it should fit insome sort of way I bet. Try it!

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 01-01-2014).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't thought about the new mustang windows, i bet they would work with some modification.
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

The windows are flat. Get a pieceof plexiglass and cut it like the one in the pic above.
OR
I always wondered IF the new mustang's would fit??? either the vent or fins. Since you would have a blank panel (scoop without window) it should fit insome sort of way I bet. Try it!

are you sure there flat? theres a tiny bit of curve atleast on the one i have, im not really sure what brand it is
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnlp1994

109 posts
Member since Jul 2013
what would it take to make a lip for windows? just fiberglass and trim? also what year mustangs that might be worth looking into
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think the 05-13/ maybe 2014 mustang. I would measure the depth of the window and size length width. i looked online for window dimensions and found none, but if they are the correct dimension or trim-able to the needed size i would think you would just need to measure how thick the window is and then make a fiberglass lip to rest the window against for mounting. I ran into more louvered conversion windows then actual plain windows. I think I'm going to hunt about through some dealers and possibly in salvage yards. I have been trying to figure it out so when I'm ready to get to the project i can just go.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want the window, just cut it out with a jigsaw. Then sand and finish the raw edge. All you need to do then is use some black automotive silicone to attach some lexan windows to the inside. It wont come off normally, but If you want, you could also put some nice stainless countersunk screws in 4 or 5 places spaced around the edge from the outside into sheet metal clips on the lexan. Then you would have to knock them out with a hammer.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... that green car seems oddly familiar?

I originally purchased the quarter window scoops from Ms Lori. Lost one on the highway en route to Dells Run 07 (it was then run over by a large truck - total loss). I ordered the replacement set through The Fiero Store - however they only had clear windows at the time, so I made a replacement from a piece of tinted plex (not quite as dark as the original, but close enough). I was unaware that TFS was no longer offering them for sale... always worth an email inquiry - as they pulled them from the site for a time when the window parts weren't available.

FWIW - the ones from Ms Lori came with flat, square-cut plex windows. The ones from the TFS were lower profile and finished a little nicer. Also - normal silicone is not sufficient to keep them in long-term. Windshield adhesive is your friend!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they are flat, clear, and you can give me dimensions and tell me what material you want, I can make you a replacement. We can discuss a price.

Let me know what you think.

Edit to say that they can be tinted, not just clear. I can't guarantee I can find the exact match to the tint on the other side though.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-07-2014).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In no way does my car compare to the "green car" just showin'

johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Hmmm... that green car seems oddly familiar?

I originally purchased the quarter window scoops from Ms Lori. Lost one on the highway en route to Dells Run 07 (it was then run over by a large truck - total loss). I ordered the replacement set through The Fiero Store - however they only had clear windows at the time, so I made a replacement from a piece of tinted plex (not quite as dark as the original, but close enough). I was unaware that TFS was no longer offering them for sale... always worth an email inquiry - as they pulled them from the site for a time when the window parts weren't available.

FWIW - the ones from Ms Lori came with flat, square-cut plex windows. The ones from the TFS were lower profile and finished a little nicer. Also - normal silicone is not sufficient to keep them in long-term. Windshield adhesive is your friend!

thats sweet your from MN as well i just got the pic from another thread on the same subject from the archives a few years ago, ill have to give them a call now to see if theres still some stock left if not i might try re creating them from pisa quarter window scoops

[This message has been edited by johnlp1994 (edited 01-08-2014).]

johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnlp1994

109 posts
Member since Jul 2013

Originally posted by revin:

In no way does my car compare to the "green car" just showin'

those look pretty good did you put the windows on?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Minn, I mean to cut the window larger than the opening, and put it on the inside of the opening. You can use quality 2 sided molding tape, silicone or like you suggest windshield adhesive. I use silicone on many many things, and never had any problems....its a lot stronger than you think. Ive attached hood hinges to a friends motorhome years ago (10+) and its still on, hood scoops that people didnt want any holes, lexan windows in race cars, wheel center caps. My own Fiero had them attached...and sealed on...with silicone. Was nice I didnt have water dripping out for an hour after a car wash.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Revin - always nice to see you "keeping up"

Roger... I agree that many things can be held on with silicone, but my first hand experience with my quarter window scoops and windows might suggest otherwise! I do like the idea of customizing a set by installing the window on the inside... A little creative routing of the glass could make for a nice fit & finish.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine may have been aided by the bead I put around the window after it was installed. It totally sealed it and gave it a finished look with no gap. It prob helped to 'lock' it in.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock