New here with a 88:) by SteveGTX
Started on: 12-29-2013 02:06 AM
Replies: 19 (738 views)
Last post by: SteveGTX on 02-15-2014 04:15 PM
SteveGTX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a 2.5 to save on gas with my grand prix getting a cam build, so I got the fiero for 700 with 89, xxx on it car ran great but I didn't see the engine cradale rusted the lower control arms mounting I'm doing a temporary hold until I can find a engine cradale, but I found a fastback and I'm going to convert it over and I know how to work on the 3800 and have a lot off gtp parts so I plan to drop that in the car later. I have had the car for 2 weeks and I got gt rims and a fastback, looking at a part's car as well with everything to convert it over. Here's the car and my others I own a 01 gp gtx a roller Camaro and now the 88 fiero.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Here's a part's car I might get This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Here's my gtx that's getting built right now too
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. what was left of the lower Control arm

I know I need a 88 engine cradale but what can you guys tell me about my new dd Thanks much looking forward to getting to know Every.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like not all my pictures came up I'll have to fix it tomorrow
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to the forum. We like pictures.

As you've probably already determined, the file size of your images needs to be under 300kb. Otherwise it's a helluva nuisance trying to see all your pictures by clicking on all those links.

I'm a little concerned seeing that rust on your cradle and suspension parts. Have you checked the frame rails for rust? You might have a bad problem there. The easiest way to get a quick look is by pulling back the trunk carpet at each side (at the very ends) and check to see if the trunk has rusted through. If it has, there's a good chance that the upper frame rails have rotted as well. For your sake I hope they haven't, but obviously it's best to check before you get too far into this project. Rotted frame rails are usually a death sentence for Fieros.
fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice conversion to fastback
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also think you need to check out the frame rails. With that much damage to the cradle, the lighter weight frame rails may have suffered much more. Lots of the corrosive elements get washed off the cradle due to it being in the open. This isn't the case with the frame rails, which tend to retain more of what they receive.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 259
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your pictures are not showing up directly because they are too big in size.
You can adjust the picture size in photobucket so it re-sizes ever picture as it is uploaded. On the upload screen, there is a small "gear" in the upper right of the dashed rectangular box (Drag 'n Drop photos & videos here), click it. Try selecting the 800x600 size.
For the pictures already loaded, you can "Edit" them to be smaller.

I concur on the rust concerns. The 88 rear cradle isn't made of very thick metal. If the lateral link brackets are that rusted, its likely the cradle metal might not be sound enough to weld the new brackets to.

Also in this picture, you really need that spacer to be a steel sleeve, not a poly bushing. The inner metal sleeve of the bushing in the lateral link must be held in place tight w/o any movement. If it moves, it will elongate the mounting holes and wear into the bolt (plus allow lots of toe movement in the rear wheels).

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 12-29-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Your pictures are not showing up directly because they are too big in size.
You can adjust the picture size in photobucket so it re-sizes ever picture as it is uploaded. On the upload screen, there is a small "gear" in the upper right of the dashed rectangular box (Drag 'n Drop photos & videos here), click it. Try selecting the 800x600 size.

Let's not confuse the new guy. As I stated earlier, it's the image file size that's too big with many of his images. The actual size (width) of his images are fine.

Although the following is a guide for using PIP (the best way to post images here), the rules apply to all uploaded images.

SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thank you for the help, going out there now to look at the car some more, I will fix the pictures tonight after I pick up my girlfriend from work. I know I didn't see much rust under the car but I will give it a good look over again and pull the carpet, I will also fix the bushing and change it out for something metal.
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SteveGTX

9 posts
Member since Dec 2013
And yeah I'm on the grand prize forums and you can just post the pictures like I did but I will get it fixed later on thanks again for letting me know
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Let's not confuse the new guy. As I stated earlier, it's the image file size that's too big with many of his images. The actual size (width) of his images are fine.

Correct it is a file size issue, but to fix the currently uploaded pictures w/o needing to re-upload them (or having to relink them), he can just edit them down in physical size (width/height) within photobucket and get below the file size limit. That is the easiest way for him to fix the previously uploaded pictures unless he wants to compress them, re-upload them, and then revise the initial post with all the new picture links.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...within photobucket ... That is the easiest way for him to fix the previously uploaded pictures...

Okay, I see now what you were getting at. Of course, the OP's biggest mistake was using Photobucket here in the first place.

This is a good read for anyone new here - Please Help Fight the Red X

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, I see now what you were getting at. Of course, the OP's biggest mistake was using Photobucket here in the first place.

This a good read for anyone new here - Please Help Fight the Red X

For those of us who post to multiple forums, PIP is just a lot of extra work. Any picture hosted via PIP is only linkable on PFF, so if you plan to share the pic on more than PFF, you have to host it twice... Plus if you have a build thread(s) going on multiple forums, it saves quite a bit of time to just copy the update from one to the other. Currently can't do that with PIP w/o having to go back in and rework all the picture links.

I have 7600+ pictures on photobucket and most have been linked to build threads on 5 different forums... Imagine loading all those twice and doing every link in every build thread twice...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have 7600+ pictures on photobucket and most have been linked to build threads on 5 different forums... Imagine loading all those twice and doing every link in every build thread twice...

Oh, I completely understand why you (and others) do this, but I also think your post perfectly underlines why photo hosting sites such as Photobucket eventually pose a huge problem. When these photo hosting sites shut down or accounts are closed/abandoned/altered, we now have 7600+ red X's appearing (just in your posts for example) in hundreds or thousands of threads where helpful/informative images previously resided.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-30-2013).]

SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I found a fiero gt I might just get off of a buddy who is really into fieros, I'm going to sell everything I have Camaro, fiero and parts to get the new one, I have 2 part out gtp so I'm hoping between all the parts I have I can get the 87 fiero gt fastback. I think it would be easier to just get his fiero and not have to convert it to a gt.
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SteveGTX

9 posts
Member since Dec 2013
And yeah I use photo bucket because I'm on a few other forums for my grand prix, I'll just have to fix the photos just been really busy, if you know anyone who wants my fiero I'm asking 900 firm and I can also sell my fastback and gt rims.
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay so I sold my 88 and got a 86 great fastback for 425 here is some pictures of the new one , needs a motor guy blew the head gaskets 10 years ago, my friend has a 2.8 with 90,xxxviii on it I might get off him

What do you guys think of this new one lol
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good deal for $450. Too bad the 88 was so far gone, its a much better design than the earlier cars.

Good luck with your project.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice finds! Good luck with the project & be sure to update with progress
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do also found another one that has a smashed windshield torn up dash and the motor wont stay running, the guy only wants 3 75 if I pick it up, I figured it'd be good for parts like the tail lights and the gT window,and a few miscellaneous things that I might need
SteveGTX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveGTXSend a Private Message to SteveGTXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone know a way I can hot wire the trunk release? my key will not turn so I can't look at the motor

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock